Time to Cut Rex Grossman and Keep Pat White

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Time to Cut Rex Grossman and Keep Pat White

Postby funsho2 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:00 pm

With rex its de ja vu all over again....

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:23 pm

If I never see Rex throw another pass... It'll be to soon.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Definitely agree. PW has a lot to learn but he handled himself well under pressure. Who knows what we could pull out with the little bit of extra cash we'd have from cutting Grossman. Not that I'm expecting much, but I just don't see anything worthwhile coming from Rex at this point.

Nothing personal, just business.

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Not defending Grossman but this is one game. The entire season does not depend on it.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:48 pm

aswas71788 wrote:Not defending Grossman but this is one game. The entire season does not depend on it.

Indeed, but we've waited months for this dear friend. We're all about the overreactions tonight :twisted:

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:55 pm

HTTRRG3ALMO wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:Not defending Grossman but this is one game. The entire season does not depend on it.

Indeed, but we've waited months for this dear friend. We're all about the overreactions tonight :twisted:

absolutely!!!!!! YEEEEHAAAAWWWWWW

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:46 am

While Rex's days may be numbered, let's paint a fair picture.

Rex was playing with a terrible second string unit. And lemme stop and clarify this. Our STARTING offensive line can barely pass-protect man-to-man, so you know the backups aren't up-to-par.

That being said, Rex is a statue back there. He's Bledsoe like. That attribute, together with an offensive line that can't pass-pro is asking for trouble.

When Rex was given time in the pocket and it was nothing over-the-top, he played well. The fact is, the direction that this offense is moving is contrary to Rex's abilities.

Pat White did nothing special in reality, his legs simply allows him to negate the deficiencies of the offensive line to a degree.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:34 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:While Rex's days may be numbered, let's paint a fair picture.

THANK YOU. Do we really have to get overly excited every single year by the 4th string QB playing in the 4th quarter of a preseason game? groan.

All that said, if the coaches think they might have something in Pat White, I'll be the first to cheer if he beats out Rex.

piggie

Postby jr_uscg » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:42 am

Pat throws looked much better then Rex ever looked. I liked this kid! We know Cousins time with the Redskins are numbered. I love Counsins and wish he would never leave but he is eventually going to start somewhere. In a year or two, who do we want backing up RGIII? I hope it is not Rex.
Semper Paratus
Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:04 am

jr_uscg wrote:Pat throws looked much better then Rex ever looked. I liked this kid! We know Cousins time with the Redskins are numbered. I love Counsins and wish he would never leave but he is eventually going to start somewhere. In a year or two, who do we want backing up RGIII? I hope it is not Rex.

:shock: are you kidding - you are (possibly) the ONLY fan here that thinks Rex Grossman might be here "in a year or two" :shock:

Rex might not be here in a few months and he will NOT be here after this season

GET REAL
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:45 am

If all goes well with Griffen, there has been hope since the begging that they could get trade value from Cousins. And White was also playing against the back up, back ups from the Titans. So lets not get so caught up on our 3rd string QB battle after the 1st pre-season game

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:58 am

This thread is a joke, right?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:12 am

Irn-Bru wrote:This thread is a joke, right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:26 am

I am never surprised by the offseason talk. The 3rd QB should never have to play. He's a coach in the classroom, another set of eyes looking at the photos on the bench, and a guy who knows your offense just in case someone needs to ask him a question, or God forbid, he has to play. Why would you want a guy who is still learning it himself in that role?'

Pat White played well. But, he's one bad game away from being a coach at CrossFit.

Settle down
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:30 pm

It's a little early to decide who is going to make this roster at a number of spots ...

I think Rex is the 3rd QB - Pat White has not won OR lost anything ... yet :twisted:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football