Titans game: Winners and Losers

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:44 am

To be fair to Bacarri Rambo Chris Johnson has done that to many DBs. Honestly if Chris Johnson is back to CJ2k form then most Dbs will lose that matchup one on one.

I obviously am rooting for Rambo to get better. If not we have plenty of talent now I think. Amerson almost had an interception as well.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

piggie

Postby jr_uscg » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:07 am

I thought David Amerson played well for his first game. Does anyone know who the D-Tackle that kept getting his hands up and batting the ball down? Not sure it was the same guy, but it happen two or times in the third or fourth quarter.
Semper Paratus
Hail to the Redskins

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:21 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:To be fair to Bacarri Rambo Chris Johnson has done that to many DBs. Honestly if Chris Johnson is back to CJ2k form then most Dbs will lose that matchup one on one.

I obviously am rooting for Rambo to get better. If not we have plenty of talent now I think. Amerson almost had an interception as well.

If we really want to be fair to Rambo, we could point out that Orakpo was out of position and was the reason Rambo had to face CJ 1-on-1 in the open field in the first place.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:29 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:To be fair to Bacarri Rambo Chris Johnson has done that to many DBs. Honestly if Chris Johnson is back to CJ2k form then most Dbs will lose that matchup one on one.

If we really want to be fair to Rambo, we could point out that Orakpo was out of position and was the reason Rambo had to face CJ 1-on-1 in the open field in the first place.

+1

he went way too wide for no damn reason at all :roll:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:12 am

1niksder wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

+1

He couldn't make up his mind as between quarterback and ball carrier, choosing, apparently, neither. And if we want to be fair to Orakpo, both Nield and Bowen getting blocked down and to the defenses left, didn't help make that hole any smaller either. So the reason CJ vs. Rambo happened was a front seven failure.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:28 am

emoses14 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

+1

He couldn't make up his mind as between quarterback and ball carrier, choosing, apparently, neither. And if we want to be fair to Orakpo, both Nield and Bowen getting blocked down and to the defenses left, didn't help make that hole any smaller either. So the reason CJ vs. Rambo happened was a front seven failure.
Absolutely... undisciplined play by the front 7 resulted in that play... Rambo should never have been in that position.

Fortunately, that is a Preseason type of failure... it will be corrected before the Regular season.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:36 am

Thre is entirely too much analysis and common sense on this page. It's not right.

We're screwed at FS! Our only hope is Tanard Jackson.

<sigh of relief> Now all is right in the world.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:32 pm

BTW... the biggest winner... IMO... was Chase Minnefield. He is now in play for significant time... and will only get better as he adjusts to NFL speed.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Countertrey wrote:BTW... the biggest winner... IMO... was Chase Minnefield. He is now in play for significant time... and will only get better as he adjusts to NFL speed.

I agree 100%. And I love that he was, too. I also wasn't discouraged by Amerson or Rambo, I'm hopeful that our defensive backfield situation isn't nearly as bleak as feared this year.

Or

Minnifield will blow out his knee! Amerson is overrated! Ramno got achooled by chris johnson, hes garbage! London fletcher will break all his old bones! (Better CLL?)
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:41 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:BTW... the biggest winner... IMO... was Chase Minnefield. He is now in play for significant time... and will only get better as he adjusts to NFL speed.

I agree 100%. And I love that he was, too. I also wasn't discouraged by Amerson or Rambo, I'm hopeful that our defensive backfield situation isn't nearly as bleak as feared this year.

Or

Minnifield will blow out his knee! Amerson is overrated! Ramno got achooled by chris johnson, hes garbage! London fletcher will break all his old bones! (Better CLL?)
:lol:

Way to CYA :!:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:14 am

Bob 0119 wrote:

Hey I agree. I just think we shouldn't put to much on Rambo he is a rookie after all. Also have to consider that CJ2k was once the best back in the league.

As far as Rak goes. I have always thought Kerrigan is the better player. Come on Rak get it together. Good thing its just preseason. I still am confident Rak will provide good pressure. I am starting to think we will have to live with Raks assignment mistakes so long as he can provide the pass rush.

Still Rambo will be expected to make that play eventually. But I am not being to hard on Rambo since it was his first game and he is rookie.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:26 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

Hey I agree. I just think we shouldn't put to much on Rambo he is a rookie after all. Also have to consider that CJ2k was once the best back in the league.

As far as Rak goes. I have always thought Kerrigan is the better player. Come on Rak get it together. Good thing its just preseason. I still am confident Rak will provide good pressure. I am starting to think we will have to live with Raks assignment mistakes so long as he can provide the pass rush.

Still Rambo will be expected to make that play eventually. But I am not being to hard on Rambo since it was his first game and he is rookie.

Wasn't sayin' you were bein' hard on Rambo; just pointing out that Orakpo should have drawn first blood...
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:50 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
Bob 0119 wrote:

This is interesting, because I kind of feel the exact opposite. Almost to the point of "Kerrigan is limited by Orakpo's absence and not the other way around." I think that leads to Orakpo is better. Once, a while back I think, this site got into this a little bit, but I can't find where. This is not the place for it, and maybe not the time (like maybe midway through the season would be better), but I believe Rak's numbers without Kerrigan vs. Kerrigan's numbers without Rak (at similar career points) is a Rak win. On top of that, I keep reading from players and the media (i know, i know) that the defenses' biggest problem last year was no Orakpo and that even in the Titans game the difference was palpable. And that Rak makes Ryan better, not so much the other way around. Even on Ryan's sack last game (one of?), when he got moved to a 3 or 4 point stance it was Rak collapsing the pocket from the other side and Jenkins doing so from behind Ryan that put the QB right in front of Ryan.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:08 am

Bob 0119 wrote:Wasn't sayin' you were bein' hard on Rambo; just pointing out that Orakpo should have drawn first blood...

Nice.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:26 am

I can't say that Kerrigan is better than Rak or vice versa. Orakpo was a force before Kerrigan ever donned a Redskins uni... In Orakpo's absence, Kerrigan didn't do much. But, we drafted Kerrigan to compliment Rak because he was getting the double teams.

All in all, the answer to this question is neither... Neither is better, they have different strengths/weaknesses but when combined, they compliment each other.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football