Robert Griffin III wrong to reveal rift with Shanahan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Deadskins wrote:
OldSchool wrote:After the Skins beat Cleveland decisively he groused for a few days that he was healthy enough to go and should have played.

I don't remember that. Perhaps you can find some confirmation of this. I'll even accept a post from this board (from a regular poster, not a troll) stating as much.

Excerpts:

CLEVELAND — Robert Griffin III prepared all week as if he would quarterback the Washington Redskins on Sunday. He flew here with his teammates Saturday, still thinking he would play.

-snip-

“Players play, so I was not happy with the decision,” Griffin said flatly. “But at the end of the day, that’s the decision they went with. I respect that, but it doesn’t mean I necessarily have to like it."

Link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/ro ... story.html

The only questions here are, do Griff's comments constitute grousing and is that a bad thing?

Definition of GROUSE

: complain, grumble

I leave it to the board.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Maybe I was referring to the "decisive" victory. :razz:

j/k I guess that rings a bell.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Deadskins wrote:Maybe I was referring to the "decisive" victory. :razz:

Yeah ... I left that door open for you just to see if you'd walk through it.

:whistle:

j/k I guess that rings a bell.

Yeah, me too. I never thought much of it but it was a time Griff could've just let Kirk bask.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Explain to me how these statements don't "just let Kirk bask."? These were an honest response to questions asked. There is nothing here that cheapens Cousins play...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:03 pm

I think the "rift" is about Robert and only him really. He is a bit of a prima donna. I forget his exact words but he said something like... We have come to an understanding. Things weren't done as they should have been done. Of course these are my words I am not quoting him but we all heard the gist. If I have to really look it up I will but you guys know. That's the rift.

There was a tweet after his injury. I can't find it. I tried because I know I will be called on it. Someone out there must have a link.

I like the guy and I'm glad he's ours, but he is a little cryptic. ESPN radio made a big deal out of it. I really wish I had the link to share.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:39 am

Countertrey wrote:Explain to me how these statements don't "just let Kirk bask."? These were an honest response to questions asked. There is nothing here that cheapens Cousins play...

Sure. Keep in mind, I don't think there is a "rift" and I do not have any real problem with the comments. I remember them though, someone mentioned them, someone else did not seem to recall them, I found a link, and added a comment while "sparring" with the Deadman.

Saying what he did was more then letting Cousins JUST BASK. He added some stuff that people read and took different ways. If he hadn't said them and JUST said Cousins was awesome then we would have had JUST basking not basking plus these comments.

I don't know what Griff was asked but maybe he could've said "Let's keep this about Kirk. He was awesome." But I'm not gonna nit pick. I'm just gonna say "I never thought much of it but it was a time Griff could've just let Kirk bask."

Sounds like you're fishing for a controversy with ME where there is none.

As I've said, I put more stock in this:

Whateva. #shrug

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:35 pm

When I'm debating on one side... I tend to not try to help out those in opposition... you know... I let them do their own work.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:01 pm

A post a few posts back shoulda looked like this. Wouldn't want to falsely represent the Deadman.

Deadskins wrote:Maybe I was referring to the "decisive" victory. :razz:

Yeah ... I left that door open for you just to see if you'd walk through it.

:whistle:

Deadskins wrote:j/k I guess that rings a bell.

Yeah, me too. I never thought much of it but it was a time Griff could've just let Kirk bask.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 am

John Keim article

WHAT A DIVA!!!

“Every good leader has to know how to listen,” said Griffin, who initially laughed when asked the question. “It’s hard to say that. ... Coaches coach. I’m a player. He doesn’t have to listen to me. I have to listen to coach. That’s just the way it goes. Everybody has a boss in this world. Our boss is Mike Shanahan. ... I trust him.”

THERE'S A RIFT, THERE'S A RIFT!
“I’m real close to 100 percent,” Griffin told Storm. “That’s the great thing. Even though there’s a process of getting back and getting back into practice, it’s all been worth it. Coach’s plan has been great as far as me feeling good because every day I don’t get those team reps I feel that much better.”

CLEARLY HASN'T LEARNED ANYTHING FROM LAST YEAR!
“The voice in my head will be the image of Haloti Ngata bending my knee in half and then what happened in the Seattle game,” Griffin said. “It’s not a sense of fear but it’s something I learned from and, yeah, I had to learn the hard way and I want to be in the NFL for a long time.”

I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:22 am

man oh man - we have a lot of worry warts here ... :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Postby yupchagee » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Let's make this simple. RGIII is very competitive & a leader. He wants to be on the field, leading the team. I'd feel wrse if he WASN'T acting this way.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:21 pm

yupchagee wrote:Let's make this simple. RGIII is very competitive & a leader. He wants to be on the field, leading the team. I'd feel wrse if he WASN'T acting this way.

Agree with this.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:03 am

The shot is a bit hard to make out, but the shirt says "Operation Patience"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:17 am

Did you see the way RGIII and Shanahan were talking, joking, and laughing together on the sidelines last night? Obviously an epic rift is still in the works.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:20 am

He told RGIII to get in there when Cousins got hurt. RGIII's eyes lit up, and Shanny said he was only kidding. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football