Under the Radar - Young Guns

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:47 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Ha ha nicely done. He's depth with a lot of heart, and looked like a solid teamed.. ala omg

Why aren't we talking more about Pat White . Didn't he more or less just ice the Steelers, or is that just my perception. Didn't Helu score because of White's previous carries. I think so. I think the Skins are just flat out better when running the offense designed for Griffin.

With Griff and Cousins Pat is still just the "other guy". While in Oakland I believe they'd be in a frenzy, cuz Pryor < White... Can we get anything for a fourth stringer? Lmao
Like you said, an offense for Griff. Pat is decent but is the odd man out for sure. I had to take a step back and realized his action is vs players who will be lucky to play in arena football, also making Helus run less impressive right?

You know it bugs me when people always say that guys are out there with defensive players who will be lucky to play in the Arena league but so is the guys that he's playing with on offense right?

To me if a guy is excelling with a certain group he should be promoted.

I think what you want to see is if he's accurate/quick and making the right decisions. For the most part Pat White playing with the 3rd team offense with 3rd team defense has played well.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:56 pm

What cracks me up is people fail to see two major points about our defense(this year's additions aside)

1. They improved dramatically all through last year (which is connected to my 2nd point)
2. Our defense practices against one of the best offfenses in the NFL MULTIPLE times a week!

We already are looking better in play overall. Only going to get stronger :-)

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:28 pm

mastdark81 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Ha ha nicely done. He's depth with a lot of heart, and looked like a solid teamed.. ala omg

Why aren't we talking more about Pat White . Didn't he more or less just ice the Steelers, or is that just my perception. Didn't Helu score because of White's previous carries. I think so. I think the Skins are just flat out better when running the offense designed for Griffin.

With Griff and Cousins Pat is still just the "other guy". While in Oakland I believe they'd be in a frenzy, cuz Pryor < White... Can we get anything for a fourth stringer? Lmao
Like you said, an offense for Griff. Pat is decent but is the odd man out for sure. I had to take a step back and realized his action is vs players who will be lucky to play in arena football, also making Helus run less impressive right?

You know it bugs me when people always say that guys are out there with defensive players who will be lucky to play in the Arena league but so is the guys that he's playing with on offense right?

I think what you want to see is if he's accurate/quick and making the right decisions. For the most part Pat White playing with the 3rd team offense with 3rd team defense has played well.

Don't try to over analyze my post or put words in my.mouth. he is a fourth stringer here fora reason... Elsewhere different story. Hopefully we stash him on the PS, but the fact is I'd rather have Sky Dawson (someone who would actually dress up and see the field) over Pat never playing. As for the third steamers he's also had some help from Paulson and Helu to help bolster the "look" of his play. He's decent, not great, and that's why he is where he is. His passing skills leave a LOT to be desired hence the 4th string title.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Is White even eligible for the practice squad?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Deadskins wrote:Is White even eligible for the practice squad?

He was there last year right... Does it matter?
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby yupchagee » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Deadskins wrote:Is White even eligible for the practice squad?

He was there last year right... Does it matter?

I don't think he was in football at all last year.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Ya maybe you're right.. who was the bum on the ps last year then?

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:48 am

frankcal20 wrote:Lewis is the guy who's played really well the last two weeks. I would love to see him play vs the #1's in a few sets. Right now my WR's who make the roster are as follows:

Pierre
Morgan
Moss
Hank
Aldrick
Lewis

If not picked up by another team, Skye Dawson probably makes the PS. I really do think that they intend to use Paul to return kickoffs which is just weird b/c he's so damn big (6'1, 233).

Since we are likely keeping 4 Tight Ends, it would be tough to keep 6 wide receivers.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:19 pm

mastdark81 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

Don't try to over analyze my post or put words in my.mouth. he is a fourth stringer here fora reason... Elsewhere different story. Hopefully we stash him on the PS, but the fact is I'd rather have Sky Dawson (someone who would actually dress up and see the field) over Pat never playing. As for the third steamers he's also had some help from Paulson and Helu to help bolster the "look" of his play. He's decent, not great, and that's why he is where he is. His passing skills leave a LOT to be desired hence the 4th string title.

Well my reply was mostly in general cause I hear it often...but you did prompt me to think about it. My point is if he is a 4th stringer and excelling with the 4th string competition then he should get a shot at 3rd string and so on until he no longer excels. That is all I'm saying. Helu and Paulson? If your talking about Paulson's one hand catch then it isnt' a good example because thats his job to catch the ball. Helu's td run was great and props to him but also Pat White's two successful read option runs prior helped set that up for Helu to have more spacing in the middle for that run.

I'm just going by what my OWN eyes see and not what reporters have been bashing him about during training camp. Considering he's in his first year with this offense and with a great group of coaches would like to see us keep him some how and add to his development. I definitely would keep Skye Dawson over him as well. White probably isnt' eligible for the practice squad.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:30 pm

I don't know if you call him under the radar, but it looks like Brandon Jenkins will be an integral part of the defense this year. They have taken Ryan Kerrigan ( a Pro Bowl LB) and moved him around more to get Jenkins on the field.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:14 pm

The Hogster wrote:I don't know if you call him under the radar, but it looks like Brandon Jenkins will be an integral part of the defense this year. They have taken Ryan Kerrigan ( a Pro Bowl LB) and moved him around more to get Jenkins on the field.

This^^^

Is going to be fun to watch... :up:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:32 pm

FWIW a great catch doesn't make a bad throw any better. I removed the goggles after game one and didn't see anything to write home about- as far his passing skills... Like I said he's fourth string here, but maybe not elsewhere. His read options were nothing that dazzled me, particularly with who was suppose to stop him. Had he tore off a 70 yarder I'd give him more praise... I just really don't think he did anything that the average Joe blow ps qb couldn't do.
It's what ever really, our first three qbs will ensure he isn't needed which is music to my ears! When's the last time we had depth at the most important position??

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:02 pm

The Hogster wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Lewis is the guy who's played really well the last two weeks. I would love to see him play vs the #1's in a few sets. Right now my WR's who make the roster are as follows:

Pierre
Morgan
Moss
Hank
Aldrick
Lewis

If not picked up by another team, Skye Dawson probably makes the PS. I really do think that they intend to use Paul to return kickoffs which is just weird b/c he's so damn big (6'1, 233).

Since we are likely keeping 4 Tight Ends, it would be tough to keep 6 wide receivers.

True but by no means undoable. In 2012 we had 3 and 7. In 2011 we had 3 and 9 including Sellers at TE/RB.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Postby yupchagee » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:33 pm

mastdark81 wrote:
mastdark81 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

Well my reply was mostly in general cause I hear it often...but you did prompt me to think about it. My point is if he is a 4th stringer and excelling with the 4th string competition then he should get a shot at 3rd string and so on until he no longer excels. That is all I'm saying. Helu and Paulson? If your talking about Paulson's one hand catch then it isnt' a good example because thats his job to catch the ball. Helu's td run was great and props to him but also Pat White's two successful read option runs prior helped set that up for Helu to have more spacing in the middle for that run.

I'm just going by what my OWN eyes see and not what reporters have been bashing him about during training camp. Considering he's in his first year with this offense and with a great group of coaches would like to see us keep him some how and add to his development. I definitely would keep Skye Dawson over him as well. White probably isnt' eligible for the practice squad.

Rex & White will get all the reps the next 2 games. White should get plenty ov reps against at least 2nd stringers.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I don't know if you call him under the radar, but it looks like Brandon Jenkins will be an integral part of the defense this year. They have taken Ryan Kerrigan ( a Pro Bowl LB) and moved him around more to get Jenkins on the field.

This^^^

Is going to be fun to watch... :up:

+1
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football