Schefter Tweet: Griff Starts Against Eagles

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 655
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:10 am
Location: Columbia, MD

Postby rick301 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 am

jmooney wrote:... and another offseason to get more comfortable ....



It's more than that. We drafted RGIII on 4/25/12. He had no offseason to speak of. Since last season, he has been able to study the playbook and watch hours of film. We know that RGIII is a quick study. He will be more able to read defences and make quicker decisions. He is much better prepared from a knowledge perspective.

What Kyle needs to do is become less predictible. I think KS is considering a run/draw for the first offensive play. He needs to have RGIII do something bold, that shouts out "I AM BACK". Like a fake to Morris and then a medium range pass to Garcon. Even if its incomplete it sends the message.

HTTR :D

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15970
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:11 pm

rick301 wrote:We drafted RGIII on 4/25/12. He had no offseason to speak of.

So what were May, June, July, and August?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

Postby DaveD1420 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Deadskins wrote:
rick301 wrote:We drafted RGIII on 4/25/12. He had no offseason to speak of.

So what were May, June, July, and August?


Preseason.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Deadskins wrote:
rick301 wrote:We drafted RGIII on 4/25/12. He had no offseason to speak of.

So what were May, June, July, and August?


Rehab.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 655
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:10 am
Location: Columbia, MD

Postby rick301 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Deadskins wrote:
rick301 wrote:We drafted RGIII on 4/25/12. He had no offseason to speak of.

So what were May, June, July, and August?


OTAs, Training Camp and Preseason

|||
Posts: 4307
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:49 pm

I know I am not the only one who feels nervous about the first game. I just hope Griff can stay healthy the whole season.

I also hope that Griff saw Peyton Mannings performance this past Thurs and took notes. I think RG3 could be just as good from the pocket without having to run for 100 yards a game. I prefer that hed wait till maybe mid season to start running with the ball. We all would like to see Griff start sliding more effectively. With all that said cant wait for the season to start and HTTR!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

#14
Online
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
jmooney wrote:What's odd is, all these people talking about Robert being rusty and getting acclimated to game speed.

Have they forgotten last year he walked into a hostile Superdome as a rookie with limited pre-season snaps and lit it the -F- up?

Have they forgotten that his knee is currently better than it was at any point since the Ravens game, and he was still an effective QB after that.

Have they forgotten that this kid thrives in big games, when the spotlight is brightest and people doubt him the most.

Have they forgotten he has a full season under his belt and another offseason to get more comfortable with this offense that is returning all the same starters.


Excellent points. I haven't forgotten. But you are right that most others have. It's easier to be a skeptic right now, but it won't be in just a few weeks.


My only concern is that some idiot from the Eagles will take a cheap shot at his knee.

If that doesn't happen, I predict he has his best game as an NFL quarterback to date.

My prediction is, if they do try a cheap shot to the knee, they will fail, Robert will get angry (Rocky style), and then have his best game as an NFL quarterback to date. ;)

My prediction: If someone takes a cheap shot, the whole team gets angry.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

the 'mudge
Posts: 14377
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:58 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:I know I am not the only one who feels nervous about the first game. I just hope Griff can stay healthy the whole season.

I also hope that Griff saw Peyton Mannings performance this past Thurs and took notes. I think RG3 could be just as good from the pocket without having to run for 100 yards a game. I prefer that hed wait till maybe mid season to start running with the ball. We all would like to see Griff start sliding more effectively. With all that said cant wait for the season to start and HTTR!
I agree... unfortunately, Griff's elusiveness is largely instinctive... focusing on suppressing the desire to move far from pressure, and extend with his legs would be a drain on his thought processes, and actually reduce his effectiveness.

I do think, however, that improving his pocket skills, is part of the agenda.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ
Posts: 13139
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:27 pm

I don't look for anything very different ... this is a future great QB in his second NFL season

I do expect him to have learned a lot from last season

I do expect Mike and Kyle to be even more creative now that they have a better appreciation of how much better a passer and runner RG3 is

I do expect Kyle and Mike to showcase an even better offense than what we saw last season

RG3 is going to be much the same as we saw but with a far better mental approach to the game and for his own safety

I do expect him to continue to use his incredible running ability and passing talent to get out of trouble, frustrate the defense and make the most of all his weapons
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:31 am

SkinsJock wrote:I don't look for anything very different ... this is a future great QB in his second NFL season

I do expect him to have learned a lot from last season

I do expect Mike and Kyle to be even more creative now that they have a better appreciation of how much better a passer and runner RG3 is

I do expect Kyle and Mike to showcase an even better offense than what we saw last season

RG3 is going to be much the same as we saw but with a far better mental approach to the game and for his own safety

I do expect him to continue to use his incredible running ability and passing talent to get out of trouble, frustrate the defense and make the most of all his weapons


... all that matters is ...
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge
Posts: 14377
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:28 pm

... what you do next.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4515
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:00 am

SkinsJock wrote:I don't look for anything very different ... this is a future great QB in his second NFL season


+1.

And btw I didn't want to start a whole new thread about this, but for as long as Blaine Gabbert is still stinking it up in this league, I am going to be THANKING MIKE SHANAHAN AND BRUCE ALLEN for not drafting that guy.

Yeah we had to suffer another year through Rex and Bex, but we got our QB. And Ryan Kerrigan to boot.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football