Redskins start 0 and 3

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:46 am

:shock: c'mon people - it's not as bad as many are making it out to be

RG3 is here and while he's not working his magic the offense is going to be fine ...

I know I'm disappointed - but I'm also sure that these players and coaches will figure things out

last season we won the NFC East and I think this team is better than that

let's see how things go over a few more games before we start getting all pissed off
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:02 am

SkinsJock wrote::shock: c'mon people - it's not as bad as many are making it out to be

RG3 is here and while he's not working his magic the offense is going to be fine ...

I know I'm disappointed - but I'm also sure that these players and coaches will figure things out

let's see how things go over a few more games before we start getting all pissed off

I'm with you, man.

Hog

Postby TimSkin » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:14 am

SkinsJock wrote::shock: c'mon people - it's not as bad as many are making it out to be

Agreed
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:30 am

Why is it so many fans here want to give so many free passes? Personally and I may be wrong but I don't care what the redskins did LAST YEAR what is that going to get us when it's all said and done? What about the possibility that the skins were just lucky last year? Seems to me that this offensive line other than Trent Williams has regressed. This defense is about as bad as I have ever seen, and I think Haslett needs to be fired. His schemes, his plays are bush league, I think Orakpo isn't anywhere near what I once thought he was and Kerrigan is about the only decent thing this defense has going for it. We can't stop the run, stopping the pass is an incredible feat. If this team is good why is it so hard to go back to playing like you did when you were playing sound football? You mean to tell me after all the years they forget basic fundamentals like how to tackle? Sorry I am tired of always giving a pass it's always injuries, or suspensions or some other garbage. The fact is this offense is mediocre at best, RGIII is nothing without his legs, the offensive play calling has been terrible and the defense is pathetic.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:00 am

^^
I don't know... why are there about 10 members here who only post when they have negative crap to say... are never here when things are cooking?

:-s
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:06 am

^^^When are things ever cooking? Shouldn't we as fans have a reasonable expectation for the product being placed on the field? This has nothing to do with RGIII either this is about the defense and it's inability to tackle, cover other than Kerrigan this defense, the schemes and the play is an embarrassment.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:12 am

That's a perfect example...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby gushogs » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:43 am

We'll win the division and make the playoffs, by then RG3 will be 110%, the defense will have learned to tackle and we'll have momentum just in time to make a run for the 4th ring.

HaiL,
Another year of asking for PATIENCE..., 20 yrs not long enough?????

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:41 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:^^^When are things ever cooking? Shouldn't we as fans have a reasonable expectation for the product being placed on the field? This has nothing to do with RGIII either this is about the defense and it's inability to tackle, cover other than Kerrigan this defense, the schemes and the play is an embarrassment.

Your reasonable expectations are just ludicrous. We're exactly three games into the season. 11 of the 16 NFC teams have records of 1-2 or worse. TEAMS IN THE NFL DON'T WIN EVERY GAME. GET OVER IT.

I'm with countertrey. Sick of the "fans" who only show up here to beat up the team when they lose a game.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:57 am

Okay Riggofan how many games do we have to lose for you to have a change of opinion? Do we have to be 0-8 or are you just the type of fan that no matter what your okay with the product Haslett is putting on the field?? I don't see how my expectation of being competitive especially being 4 years into the same coach is a ludicrous. I seriously don't see how this defense now being the record breaker for yards allowed isn't reason to be disappointed and upset. And as far as the other 11 of 16 teams I don't care about those teams. I know good and well teams don't win every fame, but Jesus Christ do we have to look so pathetic??

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:25 am

Hey, quick question for the order; is anyone out there really, really unhappy with the job Haslett seems to be doing?

I feel as though we haven't explored that topic enough.
:roll:
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:29 am

emoses14 I saw no topics on the matter so I created one, if I didn't go back enough sorry my mistake.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:32 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:emoses14 I saw no topics on the matter so I created one, if I didn't go back enough sorry my mistake.

While that was an (in)direct swipe at your bringing this up in seemingly every thread other than the one labeled Aldrick Robinson. It wasn't actually because of your thread pointedly on the topic. I've got no beef with that. Besides, I'm just messin with you anyway. :up:
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:39 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Okay Riggofan how many games do we have to lose for you to have a change of opinion? Do we have to be 0-8 or are you just the type of fan that no matter what your okay with the product Haslett is putting on the field??

No. I'm the type of fan who at 0-3 isn't whining, "we gotta fire the coordinator". waaaaah! :-({|=

Its totally pathetic. The defense isn't good, but they gave the team a chance to win on Sunday. RGIII lost a key fumble and Aldrick Robinson dropped a TD pass in the end zone. That wasn't Jim Haslett.

And frankly if you want to complain about the product on the field this season, start with John Mara. There's a reason we're having to start rookies in the secondary and old guys like Fletcher and Hall. We couldn't even afford to sign ANTOINE WINFIELD this off season because of the cap penalty.

So yeah, sorry if you're not getting a lot of sympathy for your simpleton opinion of Haslett right now.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:29 pm

^^Wow you make your feeling known on a message board and all of a sudden it's whining? I have whined since we hired that hack Haslett. Robinson dropping a sure TD or RG 0-3 has nothing to do with a defense that now is in the record books for the most yardage given up in 3 games. The offense also has nothing to do with a defense that seems like they have little to no cares about how terrible they look, especially when you have Josh Wison saying it's not about yards it's about wins and losses. I mean I may have just fell off the turnip truck but you have a better chance at winning a game when you limit yards, which limits first downs and often scores. But that's only my thought.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football