RG3 can't be the same player with a knee brace

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:35 am

SkinsJock wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Skinsjock I agree with your thoughts, however the one thing that rings loud is how you said "If Mike thought that Haslett was not the best to run the defense the way Mike wants it done, he would not be doing the job ..." That is exactly my strongest point of concern and hiring and running the defense the way he wants it done. To me that has always been Mike's downfall, his team have ALWAYS had bad defenses with the exception of the one year he had that Orange Crush Defense that we destroyed in the Super Bowl. I think Mike is the LAST PERSON to even want to have any input on how to run or what it takes to run a defense. His whole tenure is what I think is a RED FLAG on that side of the ball.....You don't agree???

I'll repeat that I'm not a fan of Mike as HC ... however, I have to give him credit (as HC) for what he's been able to do here ...

I have some reservations about Haslett ... however ... he also gets a little 'credit' for being a part of the 7-0 run last year ... without some key players
we are not as bad defensively, as we have looked - I think the offense kicking into gear will help on that side of the ball as well

we all saw that the eagles, who looked awesome against us, are not near as good as they think they are ...
I still think they end up last in the NFC East

IMHO - we are a better team than last year and the giants and pukes have more concerns than we do :D

I hope and pray your right, cause after watching that game last night if Philly looked that bad and looked like world beaters against us, I hope we really don't suck as bad as initially thought...I would be on a suicide watch come late October :wink: :wink:

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:40 am

:shock: we're not near as bad as you're afraid of and we're only 2 games into the season ...

I have not seen anything that changes my mind about the NFC East - we are the best and the eagles are the worst ... that offense, with Vick, is not going to get them very far :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:09 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I am not a Mike Shanahan fan ... but ... what he's done here with Bruce AND as the HC, is incredibly good - I would argue that there is nobody in the NFL today that could have turned this franchise around as he has done

This is year 4 in his 5 year plan, and in those 4 years he has a losing record. Our defense has been putrid since the switch (and Haslett), and Shanahan has made some questionable decisions (riding out a season with Grossman and Beck, not taking Griffin out of the Seahawks game). This is a far cry from turning the franchise around.

huh? Riding out a season with Grossman and Beck was one of the best decisions he made. What should he have done? Drafted Blaine Gabbert?

The answer at QB was not there that year. That's something we can see clearly in hindsight as much as it sucked to have Rex and Bex at QB.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:11 am

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I am not a Mike Shanahan fan ... but ... what he's done here with Bruce AND as the HC, is incredibly good - I would argue that there is nobody in the NFL today that could have turned this franchise around as he has done

This is year 4 in his 5 year plan, and in those 4 years he has a losing record. Our defense has been putrid since the switch (and Haslett), and Shanahan has made some questionable decisions (riding out a season with Grossman and Beck, not taking Griffin out of the Seahawks game). This is a far cry from turning the franchise around.

huh? Riding out a season with Grossman and Beck was one of the best decisions he made. What should he have done? Drafted Blaine Gabbert?

The answer at QB was not there that year. That's something we can see clearly in hindsight as much as it sucked to have Rex and Bex at QB.

You misunderstood. He said he staked his reputation on both of them. Yes it was smart of him to not draft a QB that year (the draft class was horrid), but that's still a far cry from turning the franchise around simply because he held off drafting Blaine Gabbert.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:29 am

where we are at the end of 2012 is NFC East Champions ...

where we were at the beginning of the Bruce and Mike era to winning the NFC East and having one of the most exciting QBs to ever play in the NFL is just amazing

in the NFL it's not so important how you start the season but how you finish it - IMO - we win the NfC East again - we're in the playoffs ... gotta love it :lol:

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:32 am

SkinsJock wrote:where we are at the end of 2012 is NFC East Champions ...

where we were at the beginning of the Bruce and Mike era to winning the NFC East and having one of the most exciting QBs to ever play in the NFL is just amazing

in the NFL it's not so important how you start the season but how you finish it - IMO - we win the NfC East again - we're in the playoffs ... gotta love it :lol:

I like your optimism, and yes it is a long season, but until our offense scores a TD (or even a FG) in the first half and our defense quits giving up over 500 yards a game I can't be anything but pessimistic at this point.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:21 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:I also think that many people don't understand that he had surgery on BOTH his knee's, the one with the actual injury and then they opened the other one to TAKE A LIGAMENT!!

And from this quote it's easy to see you don't understand the surgery that was actually performed or the healing process. They didn't take a ligament from his left knee, they took a portion of his patella tendon (which regrows, albeit with scar tissue) from his left knee. And the time for the graft to take (become 100%) is only about 6 months. The real issue is in returning strength to the muscles surrounding the knee that provide stability to the joint. This is why athletes usually don't come back from this injury so quickly. Redeveloping that strength takes a while, and the mental side of trusting the knee again also lengthens the recovery period.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:42 am

StorminMormon86 wrote: ... until our offense scores a TD (or even a FG) in the first half and our defense quits giving up over 500 yards a game I can't be anything but pessimistic ....

:shock: even when this team is playing well, we have a few fans (like you) that always seem to find something to be pessimistic and complain about ... :twisted:

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:30 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote: ... until our offense scores a TD (or even a FG) in the first half and our defense quits giving up over 500 yards a game I can't be anything but pessimistic ....

:shock: even when this team is playing well, we have a few fans (like you) that always seem to find something to be pessimistic and complain about ... :twisted:

BS

I'm Captain Happy when we're winning. Maybe Griffin should change his hairdo?

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:44 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

even when this team is playing well, we have a few fans (like you) that always seem to find something to be pessimistic and complain about ... :twisted:

BS

:shock: now why does that not surprise me - another fair weather fan - at least you're honest about it :twisted:

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:48 am

SkinsJock wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

even when this team is playing well, we have a few fans (like you) that always seem to find something to be pessimistic and complain about ... :twisted:

BS

:shock: now why does that not surprise me - another fair weather fan - at least you're honest about it :twisted:

Yes I'm a fair weather fan because I hate being 0-3 right now. :roll:

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:02 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

BS

Yes I'm a fair weather fan because I hate being 0-3 right now. :roll:

Mondays after Redskins losses suck. Our first win can't come soon enough.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:12 am

I just wish next Sunday was here already. It's going to be a long week.

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:50 am

Garcon continues to say RGIII is not 100%. “I don’t think [Griffin’s] 100 percent, but he’s definitely giving 100 percent effort to get 100 percent,” Garçon said. “He will eventually get there. He’s just playing with injuries.

I thought Shanahan said he would not play until he was 100%.

http://news.fredericksburg.com/sports/2 ... t-himself/

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:54 am

SKINS#1 wrote:Garcon continues to say RGIII is not 100%. “I don’t think [Griffin’s] 100 percent, but he’s definitely giving 100 percent effort to get 100 percent,” Garçon said. “He will eventually get there. He’s just playing with injuries.

I thought Shanahan said he would not play until he was 100%.

http://news.fredericksburg.com/sports/2 ... t-himself/
Whatever... no player is ever 100%. Doesn't happen. There is only "close enough".

Bob is "close enough".
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football