Post game Lions @ Redskins

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
|||

Post game Lions @ Redskins

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Two plays make a big difference today. Aldricks Td that got called back and RG3s fumble. Those two plays cost us the game. This was a very close game that came down to the end.

However there is hope. Even though we are 0-3. So are the Giants. The Eagles are 1-2. We also get to play Dallas twice if we need to get the Division back. We are still in this thing. Nothing is over Had we have gotten blown out I would have said the season is over. But it was a close game. I did see improvement.

Defense still needs to wrap up and tackle better but they improved big time from last game. Amerson really played well today.

Offense just has to convert those drives into points. Also no more penalties and turnovers. Other then that I actually feel good about this game. I seen alot of fight from our Skins and improvement.

I still see playoffs and winning the division.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:48 pm

We will be 0-5 heading into the bye. Period. Things are not looking up, except for the Rams. They will have a Top 10 draft pick thanks to us.

I love this team. I wish it weren't so, but this is how the season will play out. Say hello to 4-12 or 6-10.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Did we get blown out? No we faced a high powered offense today. Our offense rushed for 100 yards and passing yards was 300 plus.

You cant say our offense didnt move the ball. You cant say our defense didnt improve from last week either.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:56 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Did we get blown out? No we faced a high powered offense today. Our offense rushed for 100 yards and passing yards was 300 plus.

You cant say our offense didnt move the ball. You cant say our defense didnt improve from last week either.

Losing by a nose is still a loss. We'll be 0-5 going into the bye.

Hog

Postby ACW » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:59 pm

That fumble rule is STUPID.

And 0-5? We'll lose twice next week? We won't even lose once. Not against Oakland,

NYG's even worse BTW.
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:03 pm

ACW wrote:That fumble rule is STUPID.

And 0-5? We'll lose twice next week? We won't even lose once. Not against Oakland,

NYG's even worse BTW.
Why is it stupid? It's done that way so that the defense knows when the qb is giving himself up, and they cannot hit him. You will appreciate the rule when Sheli trips when running for a few yards and fumbles... we recover. Do you think the rule is stupid, then? All quarterbacks are coached up on the difference... do it the wrong way at your peril. That fumble was totally on Bob. He knows it, and will own it.

The calls I found interesting were the "Defensive Line Blocking" call... and the Illegal procedure called on Bob on that very clear offsides. Both of those calls were made by Hoculli. It was clear at that point that Hoculli had a hard on for someone. In fact, it was obvious that two members of his team disagreed on that fantasy illegal procedure call, but Hoculli overruled them.
Last edited by Countertrey on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Did we get blown out? No we faced a high powered offense today. Our offense rushed for 100 yards and passing yards was 300 plus.

Losing by a nose is still a loss. We'll be 0-5 going into the bye.

Well your right about a loss is a loss. But it wasnt a blowout. And it is impossible for us to be 0-5 going into the bye since we have a bye Week 5. We play the Raiders next so just buckle up for next week.
Last edited by HEROHAMO on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:09 pm

ACW wrote:That fumble rule is STUPID.

NYG's even worse BTW.

Ife the bye before we play the Cowboys, we'll be 0-4. I thought we got the bye after Dallas. My bad. Oh well. The same thing is true, though. We'll be 0-5 after Dallas. From then on, who knows?

Our offense, that some on this board want to cheer about, put 13 points on the board today. 13 points. Pathetic.

We have many holes to fill. As many as four positions on the OL. Safety. CB. DE. It's trouble, folks.

The bright side? We won't have to travel to Seattle for the playoffs.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:09 pm

I'm pist about some hard calls to.swallow.. the over turned td and mistakes on both sides.

I saw on D some encouraging improvements..
D hall balled pretty well today.. he has more points then the O does in the first halves of the first three games. Made big plays all game.
Amerson looked like he is learning some tricks of the trade, but still is far from perfect.
Rob Jackson and JJ should help the unit after the bye.
The safety play is still a work in progress... Did Rambo even play?!

On o:
Jordan is trying to take Fred's job
Morris is still a beast
Helu is a great change of pace back
Rgiii can still run (feet first god damnit!)
Garçon is healthy
O ya, Rgiii has 975 yards passing on pace to over 5k... Looking better every week too!

Penalties, capitalizing on drives, and cohesion in the secondary is what we will see improving weekly I hope
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:14 pm

We will have to win 3 of the next 6 to get to the point where everyone thought the season was lost LAST YEAR. From that point we went 7-0 to win the division. Forgive me for not being optimistic.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:We will have to win 3 of the next 6 to get to the point where everyone thought the season was lost LAST YEAR. From that point we went 7-0 to win the division. Forgive me for not being optimistic.

Boo hoo.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:21 pm

Burgundy&Wha? wrote:We will have to win 3 of the next 6 to get to the point where everyone thought the season was lost LAST YEAR. From that point we went 7-0 to win the division. Forgive me for not being optimistic.

By all means if you want to vent. Thats fine with me. I am just saying.

Did our team not look better today? Was it not a close game? Is the division title out of reach? Did RG3 not look fast today? Did Alfred Morris not look good? LOL! Just saying man I dont sugar coat things believe me. What I saw today hurt but I feel good about it only because of the improvement.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:22 pm

riggofan wrote:

Boo hoo.

This team has dug a hole for itself. The odds are against coming back from this. Simple as that.

If you are willing to bet that things will turn around, you are hoping the D gets better at tackling and coverage and that the O finally learns how to put some points on the board when it matters early in the game. We've not seen that in these first three games. We have a lot of flaws. The middle of the season is not the best time to correct them.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:27 pm

I agree on the td call. I've replayed several times, and saw no conclusive evidence that Robinson's hand was not between the ground and the ball at all times. They use the same images presented on Network tv... telling me that he did not have evidence to overturn that. There was no image of the ball touching the ground.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Ive seen far more conclusive evidence on other plays then the replays I saw for Aldricks play in question. Its ticky tack.
I really am starting to buy into the whole Mara paying off refs to do all that they can to stop the Skins.
Last edited by HEROHAMO on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football