DeAngelo Hall

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######

DeAngelo Hall

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:00 pm

It's about time that people man up and give D Hall the respect and praise that he deserves. People love to hate this guy. But, he's not only a home grown Redskins Fan first and foremost, but he's a competitor and a play maker no matter what situation the team is in.

If people are so quick to talk down on him when he makes a mistake, then wipe the egg off your face and give the man some credit when it's due.

Great game yesterday. 3rd Defensive TD. Having a Pro Bowl caliber season.

HAIL
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Re: DeAngelo Hall

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:15 pm

The Hogster wrote:It's about time that people man up and give D Hall the respect and praise that he deserves. People love to hate this guy. But, he's not only a home grown Redskins Fan first and foremost, but he's a competitor and a play maker no matter what situation the team is in.

If people are so quick to talk down on him when he makes a mistake, then wipe the egg off your face and give the man some credit when it's due.

HAIL

Well said. There's no denying this right? Dez? Calvin? D. Thomas? The guy is doing it every week.

All of that talk after week 1 about how we should cut him... lol.

#######

Re: DeAngelo Hall

Postby The Hogster » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:18 pm

riggofan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:It's about time that people man up and give D Hall the respect and praise that he deserves. People love to hate this guy. But, he's not only a home grown Redskins Fan first and foremost, but he's a competitor and a play maker no matter what situation the team is in.

HAIL

Well said. There's no denying this right? Dez? Calvin? D. Thomas? The guy is doing it every week.

All of that talk after week 1 about how we should cut him... lol.

+1

He's seen some of the best WRs so far. Still putting together great year. I hope he can retire a Redskin.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Never liked the way he ran his mouth to other players, but he is playing his best year this season. Definitely one of the bright spots on the team this year.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:01 pm

Hell of a game.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:06 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Never liked the way he ran his mouth to other players, but he is playing his best year this season. Definitely one of the bright spots on the team this year.

I agree and he has matured this year. He started his pro career very young. Maybe coach Morris has earned his keep.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:18 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Never liked the way he ran his mouth to other players, but he is playing his best year this season. Definitely one of the bright spots on the team this year.

His position and the one he defends might be the only 2 on the field that I am completely OK with large amounts of trash talking.

With respect to Hall specifically, I love his moxy.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:32 pm

emoses14 wrote:

His position and the one he defends might be the only 2 on the field that I am completely OK with large amounts of trash talking.

I could be wrong but I think Stormin was referring about that thug attitude he seemed to portray. Trash talking for a DB is ok in my book too. Although the great DG didn't need to. What ever it takes.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:

I could be wrong but I think Stormin was referring about that thug attitude he seemed to portray. Trash talking for a DB is ok in my book too. Although the great DG didn't need to. What ever it takes.

I agree with you that Hall's "thug attitude" is more a result of how he is received and perceived by others than by Hall's attitude itself.

I also agree the great DG didn't NEED to. Though I kind of seriously doubt he never did.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:05 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:

I agree with you that Hall's "thug attitude" is more a result of how he is received and perceived by others than by Hall's attitude itself.

I also agree the great DG didn't NEED to. Though I kind of seriously doubt he never did.

Personality or couth is something I think he is growing into this year. I agree he never meant to be perceived as anything but a good team player.

Hog

Postby HTTRRG3ALMO » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:

I used to get so frustrated with him when I saw him running his mouth; now that he isn't getting that many penalties, and you can see how nuts he makes the WRs, I just smile :)

Dare I say he's becoming a bit like Sherman?

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Hall continues to play @ a pro bowl level. Amazing how since Haslett has our db's playing more press how we have actually improved back there.

Coaching does make a difference fellas.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:43 pm

mastdark81 wrote:Hall continues to play @ a pro bowl level. Amazing how since Haslett has our db's playing more press how we have actually improved back there.

Coaching does make a difference fellas.

If the pro bowl were next week, he'd be in it and deserve it.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Maybe we should just combine these threads instead of bumping them both.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:06 pm

I wouldn't use the term "thug"

Hot head? Yes. But, there are guys who are hot headed and not considered a thug.

Steve Smith comes to mind. Brian Mitchell too. Gary Clark was a hot head back in the day.

Pac Man Jones is a "thug" Aaron Hernandez is a "thug"

D Hall has never been in any off field issues. He's more Steve Smith than Pac Man. In fact, a guy like Cortland Finnegan is closer to the thug category.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football