Trade w/Rams for our pick back

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
G4L

Trade w/Rams for our pick back

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:49 pm

We could off RG3 in trade w/St.Louis for our#1 pick and build around Cousins. The thinking is that no one will give us value for Kirk but they will it Robert and we can win with Kirk
HAIL

Hog

Re: Trade w/Rams for our pick back

Postby Neo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm not ready to say goodbye to Cousins, but I'd rather us build around RG3.

Don't the Browns have 2 1st round picks next year? I'd rather us trade one of their 1st round picks for Cousins.

Personally, I'd rather see us (if we MUST trade) trade Cousins for a couple 2nd round picks...maybe even 3rd. One 1st round pick might not work out, but having two 2nd or 3rd rounders doubles your chances of picking up a solid player.

Just curious, who would you hope to draft with the Ram's 1st round pick?
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Postby redskinz4ever » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:26 pm

i think that 2 # 2s would benefit our team more than one first rounder which i don't see happening anyway.
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:49 pm

No one is trading a franchise QB - are you kidding me

we're building around Robert - it was a disappointing season but he's going to get help (coaching and players) and he's going to be fine

we're very lucky to have Cousins but I don't think that adding a draft pick for a really good QB is something we would rush into at this time - maybe next year

we have areas of concern - it's not like we just need a couple of good guys here

IMHO - there's a lot of mis information coming out of Redskins Park and from the DC media - as usual
always look on the bright side of life

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby Neo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:30 am

SkinsJock wrote:No one is trading a franchise QB - are you kidding me

we're building around Robert - it was a disappointing season but he's going to get help (coaching and players) and he's going to be fine

we're very lucky to have Cousins but I don't think that adding a draft pick for a really good QB is something we would rush into at this time - maybe next year

we have areas of concern - it's not like we just need a couple of good guys here

IMHO - there's a lot of mis information coming out of Redskins Park and from the DC media - as usual

RE: Trading Cousins

If there was a target in a position of need we could easily pick up it might end up being worth it, but that would really depend on the position & player in mind. I still like our RG3 insurance policy though.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:55 am

It would be insane to trade Cousins before his contract is up. What happens next year if Griffin continues to struggle? Do you want Grossman coming in for relief?! I don't even think there's a viable "vet" backup that would be better. They need to keep Cousins, because he very well may be the quarterback we need long term.

Hog

Postby Neo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Allow me the luxury of being a smart @$$ for a moment....

Since the Browns are all about odd trades, I wonder if they'll take Fred Davis for their 1st rounder :lol:

Switching to serious mode now, I don't think we would get a 1st for Cousins, but if anyone would give us that, I think our best chance would be with the Browns. Still don't see it happening though.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Who would I target? Probably a WR in round 1 then go all defense and try to address oline in FA
HAIL

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:07 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:It would be insane to trade Cousins before his contract is up. What happens next year if Griffin continues to struggle? Do you want Grossman coming in for relief?! I don't even think there's a viable "vet" backup that would be better. They need to keep Cousins, because he very well may be the quarterback we need long term.

How can you trade anyone after their contract expires?

Hog

Postby Neo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Who would I target? Probably a WR in round 1 then go all defense and try to address oline in FA

+1

That's my wish for the upcoming offseason.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:We could off RG3 in trade w/St.Louis for our#1 pick and build around Cousins.
The thinking is that no one will give us value for Kirk but they will it Robert and we can win with Kirk

are you crazy? - we can win with a lot of QBs - we can even win with Rex - what's the point ...

The Redskins will not trade Robert - Kirk might be traded but nobody trades a franchise QB who is only just getting started on his career

I would not take St Louis next 3 first round picks and a 2nd for Robert
always look on the bright side of life

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:21 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Gibbs4Life wrote:We could off RG3 in trade w/St.Louis for our#1 pick and build around Cousins.
The thinking is that no one will give us value for Kirk but they will it Robert and we can win with Kirk

are you crazy? - we can win with a lot of QBs - we can even win with Rex - what's the point ...

The Redskins will not trade Robert - Kirk might be traded but nobody trades a franchise QB who is only just getting started on his career

I would not take St Louis next 3 first round picks and a 2nd for Robert

+1 This is where the Babe Laufenberg or Colt Brennan syndrome comes in. The man has two starts. What amazes me is how quickly people forget Roberts rookie season. It is dismissed.

Some people were ready to put Pat white in there as well. Lets trade a bunch of picks and give up on all we have invested; for the sake of a quarterback controversy for crying out loud.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Who would I target? Probably a WR in round 1 then go all defense and try to address oline in FA
Some folks don't learn from history.

Unless it's the second coming of Megatron... a player who is a lock for HOF while still in college... the Redskins (in particular) should NEVER take a WR in the first round.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:00 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:It would be insane to trade Cousins before his contract is up. What happens next year if Griffin continues to struggle? Do you want Grossman coming in for relief?! I don't even think there's a viable "vet" backup that would be better. They need to keep Cousins, because he very well may be the quarterback we need long term.

How can you trade anyone after their contract expires?
Thank you! As with Champ, you have to make the deal while you still own the contract. If
we are to get ANYTHING, it has to be while he is still under contract.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Oline Oline Oline!!!! Middle Linebacker and then the secondary. Only have so many picks so please draft a right tackle and fill in with FA where needed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football