Post-Game Thread

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Post-Game Thread

Postby ACW » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:24 pm

-I'd rather get blown out; instead they play just good enough to break your heart :cry: :cry: :cry:
-Congrats to Garcon =D>
-Should we have gone for 2?
-I'm starting to wonder if trading so much for RGIII was worth it :| :| :|
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Re: Post-Game Thread

Postby grampi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:32 pm

I just knew our choker D was gonna let Dullass score, even after Murry was dropped back at the 12 yard line...and then of course the O wasn't gonna do anything with the time that was left...this game played out pretty much the same way our season played out...yet another disappointment...

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:41 pm

ACW wrote:-I'd rather get blown out; instead they play just good enough to break your heart :cry: :cry: :cry:

Not me. I understand the heartbreak, but a Kansas-City-level effort would have been so much more painful. The team really played a good game today and their hearts were definitely in it. It's just been "that" kind of season for us, and at this point there's not much else to say.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby Neo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
ACW wrote:-I'd rather get blown out; instead they play just good enough to break your heart :cry: :cry: :cry:

Not me. I understand the heartbreak, but a Kansas-City-level effort would have been so much more painful. The team really played a good game today and their hearts were definitely in it. It's just been "that" kind of season for us, and at this point there's not much else to say.

It was good to see MS all passionate the whole game. As frustrated as most of us are with him, at least we can say he hasn't quit.p on these guys.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby hanburgerheel » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:04 am

Big congratulations to Pierre Garcon. And, props again to #46, he always plays hard. I also have to say we have a great kicker. Unfortunately, settling for FG's cost them the game. But, those three players are keepers!

Hog

Postby ACW » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:43 am

Why DIDN'T we go for 2?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:55 am

hanburgerheel wrote:Big congratulations to Pierre Garcon. And, props again to #46, he always plays hard. I also have to say we have a great kicker. Unfortunately, settling for FG's cost them the game. But, those three players are keepers!

Also, many thanks to the fans for being so loud, and I'm sure the water boy did a good job too....unfortunately, the rest of the team sucks a$$!!!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:04 am

I cannot believe in London Fletcher's last home game as a Redskin, the freaking defense could not step it up and STOP A 4TH AND 6!!!

cleg

Postby cleg » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:55 am

You knew as soon as Romo started limping around that he would pull off the comeback. Honestly, I think that is part of his game - he pretends he's hurt and the defense let's up a bit. Seems like the more "hurt" he is the better he is. At least we will probably have the first pick in the second round and next season cannot be worse. If this season had gone as we all thought and we had a first round pick it would have been in the mid-20s anyway. Grasping at straws, I know.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:25 am

Romo deserves credit for the good things he does. When a play breaks down he keeps his eyes downfield. He seldom runs. Had he run on that 4th down he would have been tackled short and the game would have ended. He looks off defenders well. He provides a lot of things that I hope our young QB's pick up. Yes, he also implodes quite often and that is always enjoyable to witness.

The thing I HATE about a morning after a loss is watching NFL AM and hearing NOTHING about our good play. It's all Cowboys to them. And they'll certainly say NOTHING about the non-calls for block in the back on the punt return or the hold on 83 on that long run. The league is in danger of losing fans if they don't strengthen the integrity of the officiating. Just a frustrating day after. Life goes on.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:39 am

ACW wrote:Why DIDN'T we go for 2?

It's easy to look at the final score and say we should have but it was way to early to start chasing that point. Any argument to the contrary is based on final score hindsight.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:53 am

DarthMonk wrote:

It's easy to look at the final score and say we should have but it was way to early to start chasing that point. Any argument to the contrary is based on final score hindsight.

I don't know. I said right when it happened. Look at the thread. We have nothing to lose at this point. Might as well go for two when it was early enough in the game and if you don't get it you are still within 3 points difference.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:19 am

hanburgerheel wrote:Big congratulations to Pierre Garcon. And, props again to #46, he always plays hard. I also have to say we have a great kicker. Unfortunately, settling for FG's cost them the game. But, those three players are keepers!

Dude is a stud. I hate to see an effort like that go wasted in a 3-13 season. You have to give him credit for playing to that level in spite of our record.

piggie

Postby oj » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:36 am

I can't believe we didn't go for 2. that was a poor coaching decision, going for just the 1 point made no sense whatsoever!

garcon played a helluva game, 4 quarters of 100% intensity. Hats off to him.
Riley made some really good plays and maybe he played that last play proper, i wish he'd have been a little more in the passing lane.
The refs missed a huge holding call that let Dallas move down the field. The player that replaced Rak was coming on the blind side when he got tackled, landed on the ground with the Dallas defender on top of him, this was the play that Romo rolled to the right and connected downfield for about 15yds and 1st down from around thier 45yd line.
Molon Labe

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:02 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:

I don't know. I said right when it happened. Look at the thread. We have nothing to lose at this point. Might as well go for two when it was early enough in the game and if you don't get it you are still within 3 points difference.

It would have had us down 2 on a miss.

I also said it right before it didn't happen. "Don't do it. Too early."

The way it unfolded we want the point but it could have unfolded in many different ways. For instance .. Dallas gets FG to go up 4 then a standard 7 puts us up 3 but only 2 if we'd tried for 2 and missed.

Even the way it DID unfold, had we missed our try for 2, Dallas could've tried for 2 at the end to get a 3 point lead.

It was just too early. <----- That's the answer to the question posed:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football