Pierre on RG3: "He's a Fun Guy"

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
spudstr04

Pierre on RG3: "He's a Fun Guy"

Postby spudstr04 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:57 am

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... es-fun-guy

With regard to Griffin, Garçon repeated something he's said on more than one occasion during the season: RG3 was not healthy and will be better in 2014.

“Obviously, he wasn’t a 100-percent this second season,” Garcon said. “His first year, he was amazing. He did a lot of great things. We all were excited …but when you’re playing with injuries, everything physically slows down because your body is not where it used to be. But this year he’s going to be back because he’s already had this injury before. He healed back in college, now it’s his third year in the league, so he’ll definitely be back to his rookie form.”

Asked if Gruden’s first meeting with Griffin should be about leadership or the new playbook, Garçon said the playbook. Leadership, he added, will come with maturity and experience.

“You can never go wrong talking about Xs and Os,” he said. “It takes time to be a great leader. You don’t learn it in one day. You have to go through processes. We’ve been through a lot of things, especially last year and this year. You have to continue to grow. Leadership takes time. You can’t teach someone to be a leader. You just have to go through it and then learn from it.”

Garçon also said he doesn’t believe that Griffin, who was benched the final three games, had become too close to owner Dan Snyder or, perhaps, too full of himself, as some recent reports have suggested.

“It’s not reality,” he said. “But quarterbacks on any team have a little more power than anybody else in the locker room. They are the quarterback. They are the coach that’s on the field. They have the franchise in their hand every play."

Garçon continued: “But he’s not walking around with his chest [puffed] out and saying, ‘Hey, I’m the man.’ He’s Robert. He’s actually a fun guy in the locker room. He plays his music. He does little goofy things with us. …He plays his music a lot. He loves his music.”

There's also some good quotes on what he thinks of Gruden.
#21 = Forever in our hearts

cleg

Re: Pierre on RG3: "He's a Fun Guy"

Postby cleg » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:26 pm

A mushroom RGIII) walks into the bar and the bartender (Shanny) says we don't serve your kind here. The mushroom says "why not? I'm a fungi"

Drumroll. I'll be here all week.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Garcon isn't the smoothest talker, but he always seems to say something you might not have expected while also avoiding needless controversy.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:19 pm

cleg wrote:A mushroom RGIII) walks into the bar and the bartender (Shanny) says we don't serve your kind here. The mushroom says "why not? I'm a fungi"

Drumroll. I'll be here all week.

You need to get away from Philly... :moon:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football