After todays games...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

After todays games...

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:19 am

There is no way we can beat Seattle nor 49ers without drastic improvement on the oline/dline and a speedy wr.

Status quo is not acceptable. My wish list is at least two new studs on the line on both sides of the ball and a speedy guy thats quick and can stretch the field.

#httr

cleg

Re: After todays games...

Postby cleg » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:24 am

We are a ways away from those teams. I have to say though after watching the playoffs I am not overly impressed with Kaepernick or Wilson - especially Wilson. They play on such better teams than Robert I think it disguises a lot of their weaknesses. Also, I really dislike Kaepernick and think he is probably a bad guy so I don't want him to succeed. He also needs to dress like a grown up for his press conference.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby jmooney » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:28 am

After watching the 49'rs v Hawks game yesterday , I'd have to say we are farther away from matching up against a team like Denver.
Both Seattle and San Fran got away with playing some very sloppy football and if Seattle is going to rely on Manning to make the mistakes Kaep. did to get the win, its going to be a long embarrassing SB for them. (we wont get into Gene Steratore affecting the outcome of every game he calls)

With a few tweaks and some consistency on the o-line, our offense will be better than either of those teams.
Our Defense is quite another story. We are nowhere close..... yet.
Those 2 teams play in a division that is very weak offensively, it helps slant the numbers, add in the fact that Seattle plays in that mic'd up toilet called Century Link and these teams may not be as far out of our league as it appears. They are very good on defense but, they are no 85' Bears or 2000 Ravens. We were walking up and down Seattle last year before Robert got hurt, our D just didn't close it out.

Our D has to be able to beat teams like the Bronco's if we wanna win a SB.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:39 am

Seeing as we play both Seattle and San Fran next year, I hope we close the gap quickly.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:44 am

cleg wrote:We are a ways away from those teams. I have to say though after watching the playoffs I am not overly impressed with Kaepernick or Wilson - especially Wilson. They play on such better teams than Robert I think it disguises a lot of their weaknesses.

I don't know about their weaknesses, but I agree with what you're saying about the quality of their teams. Russell Wilson has had some mediocre or flat out bad games down the stretch. If he was playing on the Redskins, you would have heard that he's "regressed". lol. But he plays on a team where he doesn't have to do EVERYTHING. He can be 9/18 for 103 yards and no TDs and still beat the Saints in a playoff game.

I'm not knocking Wilson btw. I think he's a really talented guy. And to be fair to both him and Kaepernick, if you weren't "impressed" by either of those guys last night, you should consider the defenses they were playing against.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:34 pm

On paper, San Francisco has the most talent of anybody. They just have a tendency not to show up. Their draft history lately is ridiculous. It starts in the trenches. Their lines just dominate. Seattle is really deep too. But they use banned substances and they have the biggest douchebag in the NFL on their team.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:14 am

Same story...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football