Aldrick Robinson Re-Signed

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**LPJ**

Aldrick Robinson Re-Signed

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:41 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/02/06/redskins-re-sign-wr-aldrick-robinson/

"Wide receiver Aldrick Robinson this week signed a one-year extension to remain with the Washington Redskins, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed.

Robinson was an exclusive rights free agent. A sixth-round pick out of Southern Methodist University in 2011, he spent the bulk of that season on the practice squad. He was a member of the 53-man roster in each of the past two seasons. As an exclusive rights free agent, Robinson wasn’t free to negotiate with any other team, and the Redskins needed only extend him an offer for the three-year veteran minimum salary to retain his rights. Robinson’s deal is worth $570,000."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Like I said, keep who we have and let's build our O-Line to help RG3 so he can help our WRs. Aldrick hasn't done much but he's still a threat just by being on the field with his speed.

What you folks think?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Re: Aldrick Robinson Re-Signed

Postby ACW » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:06 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:What you folks think?
:up:
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Cool! And the price ain't bad for a guy we know can hit a home run. Let's see what JG can do with him.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:40 pm

I'm with y'all..he ain't my favorite, especially when he trys to catch with his helmet instead of his hands ala "the little giants".. the threat at the good price is nice to have until we find better tho
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:21 pm

riggofan wrote:Cool! And the price ain't bad for a guy we know can hit a home run. Let's see what JG can do with him.

ummm... Welch would agree... Eddie Brinkman could hit a home run, too... problem was, he only did it about once every 2 years...

This is worth a big MEH...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

cleg

Postby cleg » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:16 am

Does this make him the highest paid WR in the league per catch?
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:25 am

cleg wrote:Does this make him the highest paid WR in the league per catch?

Ouch.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:07 am

Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:Cool! And the price ain't bad for a guy we know can hit a home run. Let's see what JG can do with him.

ummm... Welch would agree... Eddie Brinkman could hit a home run, too... problem was, he only did it about once every 2 years...

This is worth a big MEH...

ha! I can agree with MEH, but I'd still say its well spent money:

Aldrick Robinson 2013 - 18 RECEPTIONS, 365 YARDS, LONG OF 62, 2 TDs $480K
Josh Morgan 2013 - 20 RECEPTIONS, 214 YARDS, LONG OF 21, 0 TDs - $5.1m

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:09 am

riggofan wrote:Aldrick Robinson 2013 - 18 RECEPTIONS, 365 YARDS, LONG OF 62, 2 TDs $480K

Dag that's crazy
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:11 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
riggofan wrote:Aldrick Robinson 2013 - 18 RECEPTIONS, 365 YARDS, LONG OF 62, 2 TDs $480K

Dag that's crazy

I agree, but Morgan is a very good blocker once others have caught the ball. Not saying he's worth $5.1M, but he does have value.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Just a little more on the Robinson "deal". I knew I had heard on the radio that this was kind of "not a big deal" in terms of the Redskins deciding to re-sign him. This piece explains why that is:

Although he technically was a free agent since his contract expired he has only two accrued years of NFL service. That meant he was an exclusive-rights free agent and his options were to stay with the Redskins or find something else to do for a living. With the contract coming in at $570,000, the minimum for a player with two years in league, Robinson made the wise choice and signed with the Redskins.

In order to collect on that contract Robinson has to make the team and that is not a given. Any player who was drafted by the previous regime and has just 29 receptions in 31 games played will have to fight off challengers to get a roster spot.

It’s a no-risk proposition for Jay Gruden and the Redskins. There is no guaranteed money in the deal and if they decide he isn’t what they are looking for they can release him.

http://realredskins.com/2014/02/07/how- ... binson-be/

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:03 pm

riggofan wrote:Just a little more on the Robinson "deal". I knew I had heard on the radio that this was kind of "not a big deal" in terms of the Redskins deciding to re-sign him. This piece explains why that is:

Although he technically was a free agent since his contract expired he has only two accrued years of NFL service. That meant he was an exclusive-rights free agent and his options were to stay with the Redskins or find something else to do for a living. With the contract coming in at $570,000, the minimum for a player with two years in league, Robinson made the wise choice and signed with the Redskins.

In order to collect on that contract Robinson has to make the team and that is not a given. Any player who was drafted by the previous regime and has just 29 receptions in 31 games played will have to fight off challengers to get a roster spot.

It’s a no-risk proposition for Jay Gruden and the Redskins. There is no guaranteed money in the deal and if they decide he isn’t what they are looking for they can release him.

Pretty sure this interprets to "MEH"... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:Just a little more on the Robinson "deal". I knew I had heard on the radio that this was kind of "not a big deal" in terms of the Redskins deciding to re-sign him. This piece explains why that is:

Pretty sure this interprets to "MEH"... :wink:

I must disagree.

Just kidding.

:wink:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Countertrey wrote:Pretty sure this interprets to "MEH"... :wink:

hah. Yeah, its MEH news.

Hog

Postby Neo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Deadskins wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Dag that's crazy

I agree, but Morgan is a very good blocker once others have caught the ball. Not saying he's worth $5.1M, but he does have value.

The few targets Morgan received after being in the doghouse was impressive to me. I'm specifically referring to his second efforts. Granted, it was only a few times, but he did pretty good.

He's overpaid, plain and simple, but I do hope we re-sign him for cheap. Shanny's doghouse = loss of production from Morgan. To me, that would mean other teams won't see his value because of last year. This makes re-signing him for cheap a strong possibility. He's not our answer, but he does have value.

I'm nearly out of patience for Robinson.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football