Red Bryant DE

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
DarthMonk

Red Bryant DE

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:50 pm

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports the Seahawks will release LE Red Bryant.

The move would save $5.5M in cap room. Per Marvez, GM John Schneider plans to use the money toward re-signing free agent DE Michael Bennett. A former defensive tackle and disappointing 2008 fourth-round pick, Bryant's career was resurrected when Pete Carroll arrived in Seattle, converting him to a mammoth run-stopping "five-technique" end. Bryant signed a five-year, $35M deal in 2012 and is owed $7.5M in salary and bonuses in 2014. Once the transaction goes down, Bryant will become an attractive free agent. He turns 30 in April.

Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter Feb 23 - 9:01 PM

Get a true nose and have this guy and Cofield play DE.

OMFG
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

SCskinsFan

Re: Red Bryant DE

Postby SCSkinsFan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:30 pm

He'd be a good signee. He's a playa. Wreaked havoc against the Skins.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Re: Red Bryant DE

Postby fredp45 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:28 pm

I don't believe we need to pay a lot for another DE. I see talking heads saying we need DL, not sure that's the biggest need for us. I see us spending our cap space on:

LB -- 3 of them (orakpo, riley and another ILB)!
OL -- 3 of them!
DB -- 3 of them!
WR -- 2 of them (Moss and another, or two new guys); and
Punter

If we cut Bowen and Carriker we might want another DL, maybe a NT so we could slide Coefield over to DE at times. Right now we have Baker, Jenkins, Coefield, Gholsten, Nields, Worthington. Maybe we ask Bowen and or Carriker to take pay cuts and keep both and we don't need to improve the DL this year.

Return to General Manager's Office