Skins sign a Tackle

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
^^^^^^^

Skins sign a Tackle

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:48 am

Skins have signed for Maryland tackle Bruce Campbell to a 1 year contract. Numbers being discussed are roughly $500-$600k. Not a bad signing b/c he has the size and upside b/c he's young but if he can't make the cut, it doesn't cost much at all to get rid of him - if any of that money is guaranteed to begin with.

Hog

Re: Skins sign a Tackle

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Campbell was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the fourth round (106th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft, despite many draft analysts, such as Mel Kiper and Scott Wright, who thought he would be selected in the top 10.

Funny about Kiper. This was his mock draft in 2010:

#8 Oakland Raiders: Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
Kiper: You could see the Raiders taking Trent Williams or Anthony Davis here, but Campbell fits the Al Davis profile. He's a need pick, and maybe a reach, but he's also a stunningly impressive physical package, the tops among all tackles available. Campbell has star talent, but productivity is still a question. In a nutshell: he makes sense in Oakland.

Well he did get Oakland right, wonder how the guy dropped all the way to the fourth though?

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Signed a one-year, $670,000 contract. The deal included a $25,000 signing bonus. 2014: $645,000

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:10 pm

A former Combine superstar, Campbell has made zero impact in the NFL unless you count up all the negatives. The Redskins were the only team on his trail. Campbell is still only 25, so perhaps the Skins believe their coaching staff can tap his theoretical potential. He has zero career starts in four seasons.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:23 pm

Maybe competition for Tom Compton. I doubt they're planning to have him take over for Polumbus tomorrow. :)

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:30 pm

Maybe he blocks on PATs and FGs really well? otherwise, just a depth signing.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:56 pm

A talented individual who could use some coaching and possibly a new environment. Won't hold my breath, but competition is good. There's nothing to dislike about this, it looks like the coaches are gonna let these guys battle it out. The best man will win.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:A talented individual who could use some coaching and possibly a new environment. Won't hold my breath, but competition is good. There's nothing to dislike about this, it looks like the coaches are gonna let these guys battle it out. The best man will win.

Agreed. Hoping he comes home and puts the time in, becomes a beast tackle...

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Well as a fan with little control over what happens. I am hopeful once again. He has talent so hmmm... I hope he works his tail off. Our front office is showing effort and signing players while not overpaying. So far I am not dissapointed.

Lets face it. All we can do is hope one of these lower priced free agents has a sudden turnaround. Because the firt tier tackles will cost a pretty penny and most of them are signed anyways. Good thing we have one of the best left tackles in the league. I have a good feeling about Campbell. But then again I always am hopeful with signing new players. Maybe he can turn into Randy Thomas.

Heck I wish we could bring some of the Hogs back to help out coaching. Wonder what Jacobys doing these days? Obviously Grimm has a coaching career.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:07 pm

We'll see...

Meanwhile, the team hit a snag with the acquisition of another player. Offensive tackle Bruce Campbell has not signed his contract as was previously believed. Campbell, a 2010 fourth-round pick of the Raiders out of Maryland, visited the Redskins on Wednesday and agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth $710,000 according to NFLPA records. But the tackle hit a snag with some issues regarding his physical and couldn’t sign his contract, a person with knowledge of the situation said Thursday. Campbell, an anticipated depth signing, remains a possibility for the Redskins, whose offer remains on the table, the source said.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:40 pm

The Redskins' one-year deal with G/T Bruce Campbell has been voided due to a failed physical.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:50 pm

Any idea what the issue was?

Any chance he gets signed later, once his physical issue is resolved?

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:04 am

Well Donald Penn signed with Oakland so we still have no replacements for Chester or Polumbus. I really hope Gettis or Compton or someone already on the roster can replace these two bums. They are the worst in the league IMHO. I wonder what was up with Campbell's injury, things like this the media never update us on.......

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:02 am

Seeing Compton win that job would be awesome. Might be able to get a guy like Morgan Moses in the draft too.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:56 am

riggofan wrote:Seeing Compton win that job would be awesome. Might be able to get a guy like Morgan Moses in the draft too.

I hope LeRiebius can also get a real shot, hope he is in halfway decent shape for OTA's I think he would be a real good starter as mean as he is "supposedly"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football