Kenny Britt Visiting Skins. Hope we dont sign him

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Kenny Britt Visiting Skins. Hope we dont sign him

Postby Butta » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Kenny Britt is injury prone and has on field and off field issues. There are others id rather have us pick up like Jason Avant, Danario Alexander, Jerricho Cotchery, Devin Hester, Heyward-Bay, Santanio Holmes. I love the Andre Roberts pick up though. He was great in the second half of last year for the Cardinals.

**LPJ**

Re: Kenny Britt Visiting Skins. Hope we dont sign him

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:21 am

Britt is very talented and is a tough S.O.B. but his injuries are ridiculously often.
I don't like any of those guys you named except maybe Devin Hester for punt returns. lol.
Alexander was good last year but he has knee issues and its not a new injury either. Also, can we say he was really good or was it the new Chargers' system and Rivers sudden resurgence?

I say we just wing-it with the WRs we have now and sure-up the other positions of need. With a good RB, a healthy RG3, and WRs who can at least run a route we should be pretty decent.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:56 am

Britt does have issues. I would not mind passing on him, but if he's willing to come at a reduced rate it would not be a bad move. He is a talented WR who is also one of the best blockers at the position, which sometimes goes overlooked.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:05 am

PAPDOG67 wrote:Britt does have issues. I would not mind passing on him, but if he's willing to come at a reduced rate it would not be a bad move. He is a talented WR who is also one of the best blockers at the position, which sometimes goes overlooked.

My thought as well. WR is a position where I don't think we can afford to just pass on a talented guy like this without giving him a good look. He might not be in a position to demand stupid WR money, but I do think Britt will have too many options to accept that much of a reduced rate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:53 am

riggofan wrote:
PAPDOG67 wrote:Britt does have issues. I would not mind passing on him, but if he's willing to come at a reduced rate it would not be a bad move. He is a talented WR who is also one of the best blockers at the position, which sometimes goes overlooked.

My thought as well. WR is a position where I don't think we can afford to just pass on a talented guy like this without giving him a good look. He might not be in a position to demand stupid WR money, but I do think Britt will have too many options to accept that much of a reduced rate.

I don't know how many options he is going to have... His performance dropped off significantly after his knee injury, so there will be many questions about this... add in the ugly off field stuff, and I think he's looking at a one year contract, with moderate vet money, and incentives, no matter where he goes... and most teams are comfortable enough with their receivers that they may not be willing to roll the dice on a question mark like Britt... the Redskins may be one of the teams willing to take that chance.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 am

Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:

I don't know how many options he is going to have... His performance dropped off significantly after his knee injury, so there will be many questions about this... add in the ugly off field stuff, and I think he's looking at a one year contract, with moderate vet money, and incentives, no matter where he goes... and most teams are comfortable enough with their receivers that they may not be willing to roll the dice on a question mark like Britt... the Redskins may be one of the teams willing to take that chance.

I agree with your questions about him, but I still think he'll have some options. He's visiting Carolina - is there a team in the league more hard up for WRs than the Panthers? They've lost their top THREE WRs from last year. He was just in NE and has interest from the Rams too.

I thought it was interesting that he left NE without a contract. I follow the Patriots a little bit and Brady was really hurting for targets last season. His legal issues might be too much for them with the whole Hernandez thing still going on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:23 pm

riggofan wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
riggofan wrote:My thought as well. WR is a position where I don't think we can afford to just pass on a talented guy like this without giving him a good look. He might not be in a position to demand stupid WR money, but I do think Britt will have too many options to accept that much of a reduced rate.

I agree with your questions about him, but I still think he'll have some options. He's visiting Carolina - is there a team in the league more hard up for WRs than the Panthers? They've lost their top THREE WRs from last year. He was just in NE and has interest from the Rams too.

I thought it was interesting that he left NE without a contract. I follow the Patriots a little bit and Brady was really hurting for targets last season. His legal issues might be too much for them with the whole Hernandez thing still going on.
I think that reinforces my point... if anyone is willing to roll the dice on questionable character, it's Belichick... I was actually thinking of that as I formulated my earlier response... I mean, when Belichick believes in second chances (even fat Albert got an opportunity), and when he wants a player with a past... they don't leave without a contract. Either Britt wanted more than Belichick thought the risk warranted... or Belichick thinks there's more going on with Britt's attitude or health. Now, Carolina may overpay, out of desperation... but Bill Belichick? Nope.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:14 pm

Butta wrote:Kenny Britt is injury prone and has on field and off field issues. There are others id rather have us pick up like Jason Avant, Danario Alexander, Jerricho Cotchery, Devin Hester, Heyward-Bay, Santanio Holmes. I love the Andre Roberts pick up though. He was great in the second half of last year for the Cardinals.

Everyone should get a second chance. His problems were mainly from being young, and partying too much and being caught drunk. If he has matured and we can sign him, I think we should. Garcon, Roberts, Britt as wideouts?? I would take that EASILY!!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:03 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Everyone should get a second chance. His problems were mainly from being young, and partying too much and being caught drunk. If he has matured and we can sign him, I think we should. Garcon, Roberts, Britt as wideouts?? I would take that EASILY!!!

Yeeahhhhhh, I don't know. That's debatable. I agree with you about the second chance stuff wholeheartedly, especially with these young players. I don't want to jinx him, but Trent Williams strikes me as a good example of a guy who seems to have learned from his mistake, matured and moved on.

Britt's troubles aren't so far in the past, and I'm sure teams are looking to see if he is past this stuff or not.

On April 12, 2011 Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced.[8] On June 7, Britt pled guilty to careless driving and was fined.[9] On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, NJ, charged with resisting arrest.[10] On January 13, 2013, Britt's close personal friend was involved in a stabbing and Britt reportedly drove him to the Jersey City Medical Center. When police attempted to ask Britt about the incident, he was allegedly not willing to cooperate. The incident marks the ninth time Britt was involved with police since he joined the NFL.

I know the last incident might not have anything to do with him, but seriously. If you're still hanging out with dudes who are getting STABBED, you might need to rethink your lifestyle.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:41 pm

(cough) Malcolm Kelly (cough). not gonna stay healthy. Draft somebody.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:30 am

Sign him. We're not banking on him, he's not someone we'd absolutely rely on to keep the offense churning. This is a low risk, high reward situation. Who was he with, the Titans? It's had to judge a WR when they have crummy QB's and no run game.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:11 am

riggofan wrote:Yeeahhhhhh, I don't know. That's debatable. I agree with you about the second chance stuff wholeheartedly, especially with these young players. I don't want to jinx him, but Trent Williams strikes me as a good example of a guy who seems to have learned from his mistake, matured and moved on.

Britt's troubles aren't so far in the past, and I'm sure teams are looking to see if he is past this stuff or not.

It seems like for every "Trent Williams" there are about five "Fred Davis"s. Not worth the risk IMO unless you feel really good about him. What is Britt's pitch aside from unrealized potential?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:13 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
riggofan wrote:Yeeahhhhhh, I don't know. That's debatable. I agree with you about the second chance stuff wholeheartedly, especially with these young players. I don't want to jinx him, but Trent Williams strikes me as a good example of a guy who seems to have learned from his mistake, matured and moved on.

It seems like for every "Trent Williams" there are about five "Fred Davis"s. Not worth the risk IMO unless you feel really good about him. What is Britt's pitch aside from unrealized potential?

Isn't it size, ability to run great routes and talent??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Postby Butta » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:15 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Britt is very talented and is a tough S.O.B. but his injuries are ridiculously often.
I don't like any of those guys you named except maybe Devin Hester for punt returns. lol.
Alexander was good last year but he has knee issues and its not a new injury either. Also, can we say he was really good or was it the new Chargers' system and Rivers sudden resurgence?

I say we just wing-it with the WRs we have now and sure-up the other positions of need. With a good RB, a healthy RG3, and WRs who can at least run a route we should be pretty decent.

How can you not like Jason Avant. He made great plays for the Eagles. Even Lance Moore is available. I just dont believe Britt is worth the risk.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:33 am

Irn-Bru wrote:It seems like for every "Trent Williams" there are about five "Fred Davis"s.

Too true, unfortunately.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football