Redskins (alumni + Nile P) build playground in SE

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Skins History Buff

Redskins (alumni + Nile P) build playground in SE

Postby welch » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:55 am

More than 200 volunteers from the Washington Redskins, Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation, Clark Construction Group, the Community Preservation and Development Corporation and KaBOOM! gathered Friday to build a new playground for the Cedar Heights community in Southeast.

Mark Rypien, Dion Foxx, Dan Ryzcek and Ken Jenkins were among the Redskins alumni who helped build the playground in less than six hours. Niles Paul was the only current player, and Dan Snyder arrived for a ribbon-cutting ceremony.

<snip>

I like it. I especially like the picture of a little kid reaching up to touch the number on a Redskin's jersey. And Mark Rypien: a great guy. Mark the Rypper (wish Redskin Dan v1978 still had that tee-shirt from 1991).

This is what the Redskins Foundation ought to be doing. More and more. Niles Paul said he expected only to show up, wave, and watch other people do the work. Instead, he got his uniform dirty doing what was needed. Great story.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... id=up_next

CKRGiii

Re: Redskins (alumni + Nile P) build playground in SE

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:59 pm

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing Welch!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football