Redskins offseason/ draft predictions

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Redskins offseason/ draft predictions

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Sorry to start a new thread I didn't know where to post tho.. I called in to NFL radio w Rich Gannon and co and they had some pretty good things to say about our skins. They pretty much said we've had a great FA so far signing 14 players for areas of need.. as well as bringing back some good guys we already had like Rakpo, Riley, and D hall.

Some of the most notable signings:
Obviously D Jax wr/ return man
Ryan Clark s
Andrea Roberts wr/ return man
Tracy Porter cb
Jason Hatcher dline
Colt McCoy qb

Add in a few depth players and camp competition at lb and oline.. they gave us high marks for our moves saying besides Denver (and only because they made moves for big name stars) that we have quietly (and not so quitley ala d Jax) had the best free agency in the NFL. We've addressed areas of need, retained studs, and made our Offense as potent as any. They also went on to say this system w all its speed and options will suit rgiii perfectly and they think with gruden we will be a force to reckon with.!!!

One of my favorite things they said was to look at the D Jax signing as our first round draft pick signed sealed and delivered.. no guessing about it we know we got a great threat and one of the fastest men in the sport!
They we're very high on the colt McCoy signing and I share their their sentiment. Even if it's just in the qb meetings he is good to have around and gives us the insurance to shop cousins..

Maybe I'm just happy to have been on air, but I wanted to share a little bit with my brethren!!

HTTR
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Redskins offseason/ draft predictions

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:18 pm

There's no doubt that our potential as an explosive offense is exciting. It's still just potential, but what else can we do as fans but get excited. Really the main question mark is whether our o-line has actually improved by replacing two starters (and hopefully three before August).

The Jackson signing could come back to bite us, but I really believe the odds are stacked in our favor following the very Skins-friendly contract Bruce negotiated. Chances are better that Philly regrets this move for 3-5 years than that we regret it.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:37 pm

I agree Irn.. we have a ton of potential but thats exciting in and of itself!
To be this young, fast, and stacked at the skill positions has been unheard of as a skins fan... I think people like Roberts and Hatcher are going to be big pay offs.

I did want to add that Gannon agreed with the overall consensus of board on that we will be looking at ilb, safety, and ol in the draft. Off-season is always great as a skins fan but I'm particularly stoked with the direction we are headed. The moral is much better coming out of dc with the new coach so far which is a good thing
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:30 pm

CKR is both optimistic... AND can be understood.

This makes me nervous... 8-[
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:17 pm

Countertrey wrote:CKR is both optimistic... AND can be understood.

Haha!!
I wonder if it's a coincidence that my legible posts start about the time I gave up the sauce- about 19 months ago

:-k

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:43 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:

Haha!!
I wonder if it's a coincidence that my legible posts start about the time I gave up the sauce- about 19 months ago

You think you've been legible for 19 months? [-X
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:03 am

Tough Crowd
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:12 am

Haha!!

Imagine that... =D>

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:24 pm

Deadskins wrote:

Haha!!

You think you've been legible for 19 months? [-X

Hey now!! I never said ALL of my posts were... just that that's when it started! [-(

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football