Josh LeRibeus

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Josh LeRibeus

Postby fredp45 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:35 pm

I'm hearing Josh is in shape this year...anyone know for sure?

Last couple years he's been way overweight.

If this guy gets serious he can get a starting spot and a big payday -- allowing him to make millions for big meals later in life.

It amazes me how these guys don't realize their job is being in the best shape so they can excel for 5-10 years.

Hog

Re: Josh LeRibeus

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:41 pm

I heard the same and I am hoping he can start at guard for us this year. We need an upgrade and apparently Gruden likes beef on the oline instead of fish.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 pm

He's probably just not as fat?
SPIT HAPPENS!!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 pm

The Hogster wrote:He's probably just not as fat?

Hopefully they don't re re-release the McRib until after the season!! :|
I've been hoping this guy/bum contributes for too long now.. [-X
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:54 am

fredp45 wrote:I'm hearing Josh is in shape this year...anyone know for sure?

Where'd you hear that?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:22 am

Irn-Bru wrote:

Where'd you hear that?

I heard it on the radio and twitter from the usual Redskins sources, posted about it in another thread a week or so ago. Reportedly he's down to like 317 lbs and ready to impress some coaches.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:10 am

fredp45 wrote:I'm hearing Josh is in shape this year...anyone know for sure? Last couple years he's been way overweight.

It amazes me how these guys don't realize their job is being in the best shape so they can excel for 5-10 years.

the fact is that most of the players do not get it - most are really only motivated by money not by being the best player they can be

most think they're better than they really are and they surround themselves with people that support that
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:01 am

riggofan wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

Where'd you hear that?

I heard it on the radio and twitter from the usual Redskins sources, posted about it in another thread a week or so ago. Reportedly he's down to like 317 lbs and ready to impress some coaches.

Right on. I hope he does.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:08 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Right on. I hope he does.

Me too. It sure looked like he was on his way at the end of 2012. The only one of those guys who really started significant games for us including the playoff game.

The question mark with him I heard is that he's had this yo-yo weight issue. He's going to have to show not just that he can play but that he can be reliable about keeping himself in shape.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:13 am

SkinsJock wrote:the fact is that most of the players do not get it - most are really only motivated by money not by being the best player they can be

hah. I'm not sure that's a "fact". No doubt money is a big issue, but I don't believe most of these guys have gotten where they are without a considerable amount of hard work and effort.

To your point though: EVERY young person starting their first real job has to learn what it takes to be a professional, what it takes to get ahead, and what it takes to stay on top.

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 am

Riggofan that is a good point. A lot of young people take a few years before they realize what is expected of them in the professional world. What shocks me is that these guys workout all the time (some harder than others obviously)....but even the "lazy" guys have to workout farily regularly, if not 6 days a week. In order for a guy to blow up in the offseason, they have to be eating a massive amount of calories.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:21 pm

let's put it a slightly different way - getting on an NFL roster is not an easy deal - there are over 200 players drafted and a number of un-drafted players added to the mix each year - a small percentage will find their way onto an NFL roster AND in their minds, most of these guys think they've made it when they get that first deal done
ONLY a few of those will work extremely hard to be in the best shape and make an effort to be a better player ...

for a kid to be on a roster and not make a huge effort to be in the best shape is disappointing but not surprising - they have a contract and most of them, until they have to get another one don't really do much more than is required of them

Josh was drafted in 2012 - if he showed up out of shape in 2013 it shows the coaches and the other players how motivated you are to be the best you can be

HOPEFULLY - somebody made it clear to Josh that he might not be playing long if he plays at the same level we've seen the past 2 seasons ... My 2 cents
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:52 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:Riggofan that is a good point. A lot of young people take a few years before they realize what is expected of them in the professional world. What shocks me is that these guys workout all the time (some harder than others obviously)....but even the "lazy" guys have to workout farily regularly, if not 6 days a week. In order for a guy to blow up in the offseason, they have to be eating a massive amount of calories.

I'm in total agreement man. Shocking is the right word. Mind blowing. It would seem to me that you have to be eating a massive amount of calories like you said or you're not working out at all.

I have no experience being a 300+ lbs man, so maybe Josh's time in the gym is different from yours or mine. I can't imagine its easy to just go for a run at that weight.

Hog

Postby Neo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:54 pm

PAPDOG67 wrote:Riggofan that is a good point. A lot of young people take a few years before they realize what is expected of them in the professional world. What shocks me is that these guys workout all the time (some harder than others obviously)....but even the "lazy" guys have to workout farily regularly, if not 6 days a week. In order for a guy to blow up in the offseason, they have to be eating a massive amount of calories.

Not always a massive caloric surplus though.

For example, if you eat 500 calories more than you burn in a day, and repeat that every day, you'll typically gain 2lbs a week. Same formula with loosing weight, except the aim is to be in a caloric deficit of 500 calories (losing 2lbs a week healthily).

So in theory, only going 500 calories over every day for about 4 months could gain you an extra 32lbs. Catches up to you fast if you're not eating "clean". Just seems to me LeRib has an issue with junk food.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Neo wrote:For example, if you eat 500 calories more than you burn in a day, and repeat that every day, you'll typically gain 2lbs a week. Same formula with loosing weight, except the aim is to be in a caloric deficit of 500 calories (losing 2lbs a week healthily).

So in theory, only going 500 calories over every day for about 4 months could gain you an extra 32lbs. Catches up to you fast if you're not eating "clean". Just seems to me LeRib has an issue with junk food.

True, but like Papdog wrote, you'd expect that a pro football player is working out like six days a week. Plus the guy is 24 years old. I don't know about you, but when I was 24, I could eat an entire large sicilian pizza for dinner every night and I was skinny as hell. Miss that metabolism!

Your point about the extra calories is right on. Just seems like if he was working out the way he is supposed to be, he has to be eating an incredible amount to be putting on weight like that.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football