Does Seastrunk have a chance....?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Does Seastrunk have a chance....?

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:27 am

He looked pretty good at his Pre Season debut. Will he make the 53 man roster? Maybe the practice squad.

Too much talent on this team.....IMO

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... -seastrunk
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

CKRGiii

Re: Does Seastrunk have a chance....?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:14 am

Short answer: yes.
he will make the team if he continues to do what he does and has been. A
Redd might push him a bit but itd take a lot to supplant him.

PS imo is not an option. With rb needy teams out there I dont suspect theud miss all his tape and not snatch him up n Thompson might make the PS and I fear my boy Royster has his days numbered. Sucks we cant make a deal w anyone sincenwebhave so much talent ar rb we will be "giving" players away on the dinal cut.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:43 am

Do you get a bonus based on the number of threads you start? Obviously anyone following camp knows he has a good chance. No, he's not a lock. But does he have a "chance?" Obviously. Seriously, this thread is silly.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:38 pm

http://httr4life.com/redskins-draft-rb-lache-seastrunk/

Haha Kazoo, not everyone here watched Lache @ Baylor or know of his strong camp..

Incase you missed his two years at Baylor.. must watch footage at the end of the article!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby yupchagee » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:28 pm

He certainly looked better than Thompson, although against 3rd & 4th string rather than 2nd.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:25 pm

We'll have to see how he does in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of some preseason games, but if continues to play like he did against New England, there is no way he doesn't claim a spot.

Remember, in 2012 a lot of us were wondering if Alfred Morris was going to the practice squad or if he was just too good and needed to be put on the roster. Then he was our starter. If you show up and play, the coaches are going to find room for you on the team.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:00 am

I don't think Seastrunk was a lock to make the roster by any stretch. But Chris Thompson sitting out injured through training camp is sure helping him.

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:58 am

I think Seastrunk has to prove he can catch the ball out the backfield and pass protect still.. gotta remember he has very little experience with catching passes and is working on it in camp and on top of that has to prove he can pass protect... granted he looked great against the Pats you gotta put in perspective when he played .. he was behind Redd on the depth chart so that means he prob is behind in a lot of important areas when it comes to making the team.. I am sure he will get a chance to play a little earlier going forward but Im curious to see when and who he comes in after going forward

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:30 pm

WHEN he came in is subjective. We dont know if Redd is ahead or behindbhim on the depth chart. Maybe they through Redd in first thinking he NEEDED the challenge of better opposition and that Seastrunk jus needed reps.

Its a moot point im just saying a lot goes on innpreseason games that will not make sense to fans. I look forward to seeing more of him and the first depth chart release

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:16 pm

http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsbl ... ght-ball...

Gruden thinks just like me .. Clearly I should be a head coach in the NFL haha.. Very much just joking but it goes with my point about Seastrunk but I have nothing against him just don't think he is worthy of a roster spot YET.. I think he is best served on practice squad but a lot can change with 3 more preseason games

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:37 pm

Luckily for us you arent the HC cus im sure Gruden knows that Seastrunk will NOT make it to the PS.. another team will pick him up.

Seastrunk has been fighting through an injury the last week- maybe thats why he came in late?
Redd and Thompson both havent been practicing due to injury, suppose that doesnt help their cases either

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:38 pm

That link doesnt work for me BTW

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:33 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:im sure Gruden knows that Seastrunk will NOT make it to the PS.. another team will pick him up

I'm not so sure about that. If we hadn't taken him, he might have gone undrafted.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:01 pm

He killed it in the combine.. he averaged 7+ yards per carry through his collegiate career.. with all the injuries I can think of a few teams ie nyg

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:07 pm

http://httr4life.com/redskins-injury-report-8-10-2014/

Fwiw he is one of the few backs even taking snaps although he has been playing through pain himself.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football