Latest 2014 Depth Chart released

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
||||||

Latest 2014 Depth Chart released

Postby EA7649 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:11 pm

http://www.redskins.com/team/depth-char ... 2_29628056

Only thing that surprised me was that Moss was ahead of Robinson after his performance so far. And Roberts is the 1st string PR and KR. I thought, he was doing too hot with that. I guess he has improved his game with special teams

Thoughts? How do you think it'll look game 1 (With the thought, no further injury occurs)

CKRGiii

Re: Latest 2014 Depth Chart released

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:46 pm

I dont know about this being a depth chart.. I dont think Seastrunk is last on the list at RB in which case being cut from the 53.

The kicker battle is still open too so ibwouldnt buybij to anlot of that
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:53 pm

EA7649 wrote:Thoughts?

What the hell is Grif doing ahead of Cousins ????? :shock:
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:17 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
EA7649 wrote:Thoughts?

What the hell is Grif doing ahead of Cousins ????? :shock:

Seriously! Cousins is clearly the better QB!
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Consider this... at this time of the year, depth charts are as much (if not more) a motivational tool than an accurate assessment of a player's value.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:45 am

Countertrey wrote:Consider this... at this time of the year, depth charts are as much (if not more) a motivational tool than an accurate assessment of a player's value.

totally agree ... but good luck getting that point across here ... :lol:
We are lucky to have Cousins - Griffin will become the better QB as he learns to use the pocket & read defenses

Until then, I hope that Cousins takes full advantage of this opportunity

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:59 am

EA7649 wrote:Only thing that surprised me was that Moss was ahead of Robinson after his performance so far

Seriously? Moss has been our go to guy for years, Robinson has yet to show up consistently in actual games
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:19 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
EA7649 wrote:Only thing that surprised me was that Moss was ahead of Robinson after his performance so far

Seriously? Moss has been our go to guy for years, Robinson has yet to show up consistently in actual games

True. But there was talk of Moss not making the team. And Robinson has impressed. Moss might be a better slot receiver though. I've been a moss fan since the laveranues Coles trade.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:24 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I dont know about this being a depth chart.. I dont think Seastrunk is last on the list at RB in which case being cut from the 53.

The kicker battle is still open too so ibwouldnt buybij to anlot of that

I was hopeful that seastrunk wouldn't be so low in the depth, he's got a few more weeks to impress. Gruden had said he needs to work on blocking and reading defenses his catching has improved but he's a far better runner also. Lastly, he's been getting better gradually.

Kickers yea to soon to call on that. Its not like there are a ton on the roster. No I'm in the middle. Either in or out

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:27 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Consider this... at this time of the year, depth charts are as much (if not more) a motivational tool than an accurate assessment of a player's value.

totally agree ... but good luck getting that point across here ... :lol:

Yeah didn't think of that. But I'd assume who's doing the best now

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:37 pm

That was my point.. that there probably isnt a particular "order" especially in the last column. . And the rooks will be placed behind the vets ala the kicker slot where Hocker is surely leading the battle w his KOs dominating Forbaths ob oopsy and two missed fgs in the game (one he redid after penalty and made)
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:00 pm

EA7649 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

True. But there was talk of Moss not making the team. And Robinson has impressed. Moss might be a better slot receiver though. I've been a moss fan since the laveranues Coles trade.

I became a total fan of his when he re-upped with us the first time. He's one of the few all time Skins of his era. I'd put cooley in that camp too. After that...

I don't think you can take the "depth" chart as an indication of who will get cut, which is seems you're taking it as. Robinson could make the team and Moss not, it doesn't mean they think Robinson is better necessarily. I hope we keep Moss at least this year though. He's still a gamer.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 pm

Here is the first regular season depth chart

http://www.redskins.com/team/depth-chart.html

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Props to the original guess.. pretty close and predicted Rob being cut.
Breeland and Gabe Miller being the camp surprises obviously Nield the preseason injury and then Meriweather getting suspended provoking the signing of Inhanacho.
Is it surprising to anyone that Rambo is stillnlisted as the starter? Im confident he will learn from these guys and is in a much better position THIS year with depth behind him and the experience in his favor. His confidence has grown and that will mean the world out there.

After the final game im kot surprised by the RB shake down.. Redd was by far the most consistent and can go north to south.. I was disappointed to see Lache fighting to get it to the sideline before turning it up field... and he even blew his blocking assignment on his TD- all he had to do was chip the blitzing lb and slow him down before releasing out .

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:58 pm

Akeem Davis to the ps + lb chaz johnson
With Monday's signings, the Redskins have completed their 10-man practice squad that also includes tight endTed Bolser, cornerbacks Richard Crawford and Chase Minnifield, offensive lineman Tevita Stevens, safety Phillip Thomas, defensive lineman Robert Thomas, running back Chris Thompson and wide receiver Nick Williams.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football