I want a clutch Griffin

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

I want a clutch Griffin

Postby fabe » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:38 pm

This is something that I've been saying for the past year now. I would like to see Robert throw a game winning touchdown pass. Allow me to be more specific. I have yet to see him throw a touchdown pass that actually wins the game. I do not want to see him drive the offense down the field only to hand it off to Morris for the go-ahead TD to seal the win, and I also don't want to see him scramble into the endzone for the score. No, I want to see us down by 4 with less than a minute on the clock, Robert drops back and throws a pass into the endzone and we win the game. Of course the scenario doesn't have to be that specific, but you see my point.

He almost did it in 2012 against the Giants, but Victor Cruz messed that up. Now let's compare with the other two highly-touted QBs from 2012. Both Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson have already passed him in this regard. They've both thrown the game-winning TD late in the game. Another thing is that when it comes to Wilson, I have yet to see him throw an INT that actually costs his team the game, and that's a darn good stat to have on your resume. Robert on the other hand.... He's done that more than once.

Now, no one twist what I'm saying here. Of course I like to see TDs, no matter who scores or how they do it, and I'm not hating on Robert in any way. I just have a standard when it comes to QBs, and this is one thing that I look for in a quality quarterback.

So please Robert, prove to me that you are a legitimate QB by showing me how clutch you can be late in the game. Win a game with your arm for once.
"I am pretty mad at the football gods for putting him in the NFC East."

“Until I exit stage right, it seems like he’s going to be a fixture in my dreams and nightmares.”

- Justin Tuck on RG3

CKRGiii

Re: I want a clutch Griffin

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:25 pm

2012 VS GIANTS. .. Great comeback making people miss, extending plays, completing passes on 4th downs, and being as clutch as it gets.. spoiled by crap terrible D. Josh Morgan thworted a comeback w a penalty last year.. idk while its on the qb your play makers, too, have to step up.

Werent most of wins comebacks or late pushes for wins? I know all of em were nail biters and our D never held a lead... id much prefer the gas down smash the opponents type of play over a late lucky catch jump ball like the fail Mary.
just my two cents, and I hear what ur saying
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby fabe » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:26 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:2012 VS GIANTS. .. Great comeback making people miss, extending plays, completing passes on 4th downs, and being as clutch as it gets.. spoiled by crap terrible D. Josh Morgan thworted a comeback w a penalty last year.. idk while its on the qb your play makers, too, have to step up.

Yeah, I mentioned that game. That would have been the game that I've been looking for, but like I said, Victor Cruz spoiled the victory with a quick TD on a go route. I recognize that Robert played his butt off in not just that game (especially that last drive), but that entire season. I also recognize that it was the defense that lost that game, and I'm not blaming Griffin in any way. However, that touchdown pass that he threw to Santana Moss that should have won the game, did not win the game. That's where my original post comes in. Instead of Eli throwing the bomb to Cruz to win the game, I want to see the roles reversed, and have Griffin throw that pass to seal the victory.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Werent most of wins comebacks or late pushes for wins? I know all of em were nail biters and our D never held a lead... id much prefer the gas down smash the opponents type of play over a late lucky catch jump ball like the fail Mary.
just my two cents, and I hear what ur saying

No doubt I would much rather see the entire team win the game rather than just Griffin. I would love for us to take an early lead, and maintain that lead throughout the game. However, we all know that we're far from being that sort of team--one that dominates from the first quarter to the last. We will be behind on the scoreboard in the 4th quarter at some point during this season. That, again, is where my original post comes in. This is the time where I want to see Griffin win the game with his arm, and once again, not drive down the field just to hand it off to Morris, but throw a touchdown pass that puts our team in the lead and win us the game.

P.S. For everyone else reading this, here is the link to the Cruz play that we're talking about. I understand if the wound is still fresh. If it weren't for this one play, we would've swept our entire division. Cruz ripped my heart out that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2InxFdibnw
"I am pretty mad at the football gods for putting him in the NFC East."

“Until I exit stage right, it seems like he’s going to be a fixture in my dreams and nightmares.”

- Justin Tuck on RG3

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:58 am

I just want to see Griffin become an NFL QB and certainly not the QB that Kyle and Mike had for 2 seasons

Jay & Sean are preparing Griffin to be better than we've seen - he has the talent and the desire to do that

like most here - I just want Griffin to finally become a real NFL QB
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins but Griffin has a huge upside IMO

Robert needs to continue to get better and to do that he needs time on the field - hopefully sooner than later

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football