Houston A Must Win? I Think So...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

Houston A Must Win? I Think So...

Postby OldSchool » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:06 pm

it is out of the division and just the opener so I guess it is easy to dismiss this as just road game on a 16 game schedule and not a must win game, but how many teams on the Skin's schedule are as weak as Houston? Not many, so it probably is a must win for the Skins to finish over .500.

A solid performance by Griffin, I said solid not spectacular, is needed to create some positive momentum and silence most critics, maybe not me but most. In my view this is a must win if the Skins hope to avoid another sub .500 Griffin led disaster. That might be overstating it but if the Skins can't beat a bad restart Houston team than they probably are really are more like the 2013 3-13 Skins and less like the 2012 Skins.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

FanFromAnnapolis

Re: Houston A Must Win? I Think So...

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:07 pm

No.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Must win for what?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:23 pm

I don't read posts from trolls - A must win game? No - I will say that it would be great for the team to play well and it would be encouraging if we see some positives from the QB

we're not winning every game - if we win 9 games & 1 of the losses is to the Texans, it's not a big deal :D
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins - I'm looking forward to Griffin getting back on the field

HAIL

Week 2 - 17-15

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:27 pm

OldSchool post... check

Griffin hate... check
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:35 pm

Yawn.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:49 am

OldSchool wrote:it is out of the division and just the opener so I guess it is easy to dismiss this as just road game on a 16 game schedule and not a must win game, but how many teams on the Skin's schedule are as weak as Houston? Not many, so it probably is a must win for the Skins to finish over .500.

A solid performance by Griffin, I said solid not spectacular, is needed to create some positive momentum and silence most critics, maybe not me but most. In my view this is a must win if the Skins hope to avoid another sub .500 Griffin led disaster. That might be overstating it but if the Skins can't beat a bad restart Houston team than they probably are really are more like the 2013 3-13 Skins and less like the 2012 Skins.

Are the Steelers a must win? That's a division game for you guys.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

piggie

Postby oj » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:12 am

All games are 'must win', this one is no different.
Molon Labe

piggie

Postby OldSchool » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:41 am

SkinsJock wrote:I don't read posts from trolls - A must win game? No - I will say that it would be great for the team to play well and it would be encouraging if we see some positives from the QB

we're not winning every game - if we win 9 games & 1 of the losses is to the Texans, it's not a big deal :D

stop the insults and contribute to a discussion thread or ignore, bring something or don't bother. You got some game lets see it.
********************************* Spoiler Alert **************************************

"Robert has to learn the new system!" Will be the party line in 2014

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:44 am

It would be a nice road win (given we have a very difficult road schedule) and a game we should win, but not a "must win". IMHO, must wins are reserved for games that you have to win in order to get into the playoffs. We'll have 15 more games to get in and anything between now and then could happen to make any given opponent weaker or stronger than where they are in week 1.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:55 am

OldSchool wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I don't read posts from trolls - A must win game? No - I will say that it would be great for the team to play well and it would be encouraging if we see some positives from the QB

stop the insults and contribute to a discussion thread or ignore, bring something or don't bother. You got some game lets see it.

Maybe when you contribute something worthwhile, you will get it back.

swine

Postby Skins Fan in Indy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:04 am

This is far from a must win. I want to see some good decision making and progress on both sides of the ball. In particular RGIII and his decision making.
Keeping the Faith in Indy!!!!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:32 am

Divisional games are must wins, this one not so much.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:49 pm

OldSchool wrote:

What if he just starts a contentless "look at me" thread? Would that work for you?

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:59 pm

OldSchool wrote:

A solid performance by Griffin, I said solid not spectacular, is needed to create some positive momentum and silence most critics. . .

GLORY BE! IS IT POSSIBLE? DARE I DREAM THAT ONE "solid but not spectacular" performance from Backyard Bob would cause Chicken Little to stow it??

OldSchool wrote:

. . . maybe not me but most.

Rats.

OldSchool wrote:
That might be overstating it but if the Skins can't beat a bad restart Houston team than they probably are really are more like the 2013 3-13 Skins and less like the 2012 Skins.

I have to give credit where it is due. You are fantastic at setting up straw men arguments and burning them to the ground. That's just amazing hustle.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football