NJ Skins fan to T-Camp!!!!!

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
----

NJ Skins fan to T-Camp!!!!!

Postby HitDoctor » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:08 am

Hey gang,

I will be heading down for the first time the weekend of August 1st. We'll be staying at Tyson's corner overnight and I plan to attend Saturday the 2nd. What time should I arrive to assure that I will be able to get in and participate.

Thanks!
it is what it is

Site Admin

Camp

Postby BossHog » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:39 am

Welcome to the board!!

Practices start at 9am, but I'm told traffic may be BRUTAL... so I'm thinking that we might all get together early for breakfast on Monday and head up around 8am.

First day probably won't be that jammed in the morning (hopefully), so hopefully an hour early will be enough... of course... no chairs set up or anything so I would guess that the earlier the better. i've got a busy weekend of meetings, commitments and er... drinking with my Hogs mates so I'll be trying to maximize the sleep factor :rock:

We're staying in Sterling which is right outside the Dulles airport.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:33 pm

Is Sterling closer to camp then Tyson's Corner? I'm just going to be down for the one day (I play 38+ baseball and our last game is the 3rd). I'll try to change my reservations if it is.
it is what it is

Hog

Postby newshog » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:10 am

Hey, HitDoctor--Sterling is indeed closer than Tyson's Corner to Redskins Park, which is in Ashburn. They're all basically along the Route 7 corridor. Sterling is about five minutes from Ashburn, while Tyson's Corner is probably a little less than a half-hour away (closer in to DC).

Site Admin

Hey HitDoctor

Postby BossHog » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:23 am

We'll be staying at Tyson's corner overnight and I plan to attend Saturday the 2nd.

Sorry for my brain fart. fart:

Fan Appreciation day events don't actually kick off until 12:30pm... however, it will probably be the busiest attendance day for camp too.

I'm going to be (trying) to cover camp live right here in this forum, so I'll have a better idea of camp layout after a couple there. Check back here regularly, and I'll get a little more info to you as to how to try and go about things.

It can't hurt to attend practice the morning of Aug. 2nd and make arrabgements to hang around until F.A.D starts. There's supposed to be a practice at 4pm too.

Bring lots of sunscreen :puke:
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:29 am

oh yeah, I will definitely be hanging out all day. I'll keep checking back.
it is what it is

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007