Is this our year for Hard Knocks?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Is this our year for Hard Knocks?

Postby riggofan » Tue May 28, 2019 3:35 pm

Lots of people saying YES this year!

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/re ... ard-knocks

I know people have differing opinions on it. Personally I'd love to get that kind of look behind the scenes at the team. What say you?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Re: Is this our year for Hard Knocks?

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Tue May 28, 2019 3:38 pm

riggofan wrote:Lots of people saying YES this year!

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/re ... ard-knocks

I know people have differing opinions on it. Personally I'd love to get that kind of look behind the scenes at the team. What say you?

I think it distracts an already distracted team. I've never seen it be good for the business of winning games.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

Hog

Postby ferryrich » Wed May 29, 2019 6:24 am

Considering how things usually work out, maybe it would be a good thing

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Wed May 29, 2019 8:18 am

ferryrich wrote:Considering how things usually work out, maybe it would be a good thing

I don't know. Everything I've ever read says teams tend to change the way they operate when the cameras are rolling.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed May 29, 2019 8:57 am

ferryrich wrote:Considering how things usually work out, maybe it would be a good thing

lol. Pretty much this.

I'm not really that worried about the distraction part myself. Not expecting a playoff team anyway for one. And I think shining some light on this organization wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Wed May 29, 2019 9:40 am

riggofan wrote:

lol. Pretty much this.

I'm not really that worried about the distraction part myself. Not expecting a playoff team anyway for one. And I think shining some light on this organization wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Yea, but all we'd see is Bruce Allen's version of what he wants us to see. He's pretty guarded about the actual goings on at Redskins Park.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed May 29, 2019 10:30 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:Yea, but all we'd see is Bruce Allen's version of what he wants us to see. He's pretty guarded about the actual goings on at Redskins Park.

Maybe. But that's all we see right now as it is. Probably less than that. I think the whole point of Hard Knocks is that HBO gets access to the teams that they might not otherwise allow.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Wed May 29, 2019 11:07 am

riggofan wrote:
Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:Yea, but all we'd see is Bruce Allen's version of what he wants us to see. He's pretty guarded about the actual goings on at Redskins Park.

Maybe. But that's all we see right now as it is. Probably less than that. I think the whole point of Hard Knocks is that HBO gets access to the teams that they might not otherwise allow.

I think the whole point is the NFL makes money from it. I'd really prefer the Redskins not be distracted from developing their QB of the future.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed May 29, 2019 11:14 am

This is a tough one for me personally... Ive only ever watched bits and pieces of the show.

That said, if the Skins were on it I would certainly watch wvery episode religiously!! It would be cool to see the inside scoop, hear the player uncensored and real!

However, the likely hood of a team on the show making the playoffs is SUPER low. It IS a distraction, it is to revealing, and its been proven that the teams rarely make the playoffs the year following being on the show. I did the research once last year explaing to a guy why the Browns wont make the playoffs... And used the hardknocks history as one of my points.

I was right.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed May 29, 2019 11:56 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:However, the likely hood of a team on the show making the playoffs is SUPER low. It IS a distraction, it is to revealing, and its been proven that the teams rarely make the playoffs the year following being on the show. I did the research once last year explaing to a guy why the Browns wont make the playoffs... And used the hardknocks history as one of my points.

It's flawed data though. A team can be exempted from Hard Knocks if they've had a playoff appearance in the past two years. So good, winning teams are not part of the pool to begin with.

The likelihood of the Browns or the Redskins or whoever making the playoffs is SUPER low to begin with. :D

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed May 29, 2019 12:47 pm

On the plus side Gruden has been through it with the Bengals.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed May 29, 2019 1:42 pm

DEHog wrote:On the plus side Gruden has been through it with the Bengals.

Yeah and he really stood out that season too. He landed a head coaching job the next year!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu May 30, 2019 12:19 am

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2684 ... atform=amp

He is already lobbying for big bro...
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu May 30, 2019 12:21 am

riggofan wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:However, the likely hood of a team on the show making the playoffs is SUPER low. It IS a distraction, it is to revealing, and its been proven that the teams rarely make the playoffs the year following being on the show. I did the research once last year explaing to a guy why the Browns wont make the playoffs... And used the hardknocks history as one of my points.

It's flawed data though. A team can be exempted from Hard Knocks if they've had a playoff appearance in the past two years. So good, winning teams are not part of the pool to begin with.

The likelihood of the Browns or the Redskins or whoever making the playoffs is SUPER low to begin with. :D

Is it 2 years? I think its just the previous season...

At any rate, the Browns have the most top 10 draft talebt of any team... They are young and cheap so they can afford great vets. They could have made the playoffs last year, and should this year. You get the first pick that many times in a row you have to be a contender eventually!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 30, 2019 1:35 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Is it 2 years? I think its just the previous season...

Yeah I thought so too, but I looked it up. Two years. Also you can be exempt if you have a rookie coach.

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:At any rate, the Browns have the most top 10 draft talebt of any team... They are young and cheap so they can afford great vets. They could have made the playoffs last year, and should this year. You get the first pick that many times in a row you have to be a contender eventually!

Its insane how long that team has underachieved IMO. They had some really bad drafts and really screwed up hanging on to Hue Jackson so long. If Gregg Williams had been the coach all of last year, I think they WOULD have been a playoff team in 2018.

I'm kind of rooting for them right now. There's a lot of similarities to our own franchise there. Good fan base with a proud history kind of screwed by bad owners. They deserve better. I'll be happy to see the worm turn, and the Browns start whipping the Steelers and Pats.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football