Why aren't we talking about THIS GUY???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii
Posts: 6989
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Why aren't we talking about THIS GUY???

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:56 am

All camp he has been making waves..


Winning jump balls... Making great catches.. Getting open... A strong qb friendly target... My favorite player from last pre-season!!!!



Cam The Man Sims!!!
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii
Posts: 6989
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Why aren't we talking about THIS GUY???

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:57 am

https://tdalabamamag.com/2019/06/08/red ... -minicamp/


One of many reports... Easy to find since he has been tearing it up thus far!
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3449
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Why aren't we talking about THIS GUY???

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:52 am

Because it's training camp. Who gives a crap what players are doing in camp?
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

piggie
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Why aren't we talking about THIS GUY???

Postby Sonny9TD » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:17 am

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:Because it's training camp. Who gives a crap what players are doing in camp?


Now now how else are they going to figure out who makes the team. It's not like it is pretend football. They are all doing their best and there lies the rub. How good are they?

CKRGiii
Posts: 6989
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Why aren't we talking about THIS GUY???

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:46 am

To that- Sims looked great in preseason last year too.. With JDoc on the naughty list, Im just saying Cam is doing what he needs to in orser to make the team better at WR- no?
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3449
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Why aren't we talking about THIS GUY???

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:49 am

Sonny9TD wrote:
Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:Because it's training camp. Who gives a crap what players are doing in camp?


Now now how else are they going to figure out who makes the team. It's not like it is pretend football. They are all doing their best and there lies the rub. How good are they?


They're playing non-contact football which is like playing flag football. It doesn't tell us anything. They figure out who makes the team by watching game film and by playing preseason games.

The only thing they figure out from camp is who they want to see more of when they have to make tough decisions. In reality that's about two or three roster spots.

You're never going to hear a coach say that a player made the roster because of what he did in camp.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3449
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Why aren't we talking about THIS GUY???

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:50 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:To that- Sims looked great in preseason last year too.. With JDoc on the naughty list, Im just saying Cam is doing what he needs to in orser to make the team better at WR- no?


I'm all on-board with playing the guys on the roster. They can't be worse than the crap we had last year and they're probably better. But I base that on the performance of the receivers last year, not on what anyone is doing in camp.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

piggie
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Why aren't we talking about THIS GUY???

Postby Sonny9TD » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:
Sonny9TD wrote:
Burgundy&GoldForever wrote:Because it's training camp. Who gives a crap what players are doing in camp?


Now now how else are they going to figure out who makes the team. It's not like it is pretend football. They are all doing their best and there lies the rub. How good are they?


They're playing non-contact football which is like playing flag football. It doesn't tell us anything. They figure out who makes the team by watching game film and by playing preseason games.

The only thing they figure out from camp is who they want to see more of when they have to make tough decisions. In reality that's about two or three roster spots.

You're never going to hear a coach say that a player made the roster because of what he did in camp.



What you say is true but these players are making impressions that dictate what happens going forward and who plays more or less and these impressions will be supported or negated by they're play going forward and who gets the most attention and 2nd chances to prove what they did in these practices. These coaches still make decisions based on how they practice.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3449
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: Why aren't we talking about THIS GUY???

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:24 pm

Sonny9TD wrote:What you say is true but these players are making impressions that dictate what happens going forward and who plays more or less and these impressions will be supported or negated by they're play going forward and who gets the most attention and 2nd chances to prove what they did in these practices. These coaches still make decisions based on how they practice.


My guess is Jay Gruden thinks his job is on the line so he's going to try anything and everything to keep it. That means playing Haskins and every draft pick. He knows what he gets out of the other guys.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

CKRGiii
Posts: 6989
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Why aren't we talking about THIS GUY???

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 am

No need to guess... He told reporters if he doesnt make the playoffs he probably wont be here next year- and the skin's can do what ever they want regarding Hardknocks
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football