Back to take my lumps...

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Back to take my lumps...

Postby TweetyBird » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:17 am

Good game Redskins...It was ugly for you early, but even uglier for us starting about half way thru the 2nd...

No doubt about it ,the better team won...Your coaching staff did a great job of making ajustments...and ours..well...We're still coached by Dan Reeves..and yes he's still using Tom Landry's playbook from 1972.

This is a tough one for us because we feel like that was a game we should have one. Hopefully we'll bounce back..but who knows. I just don't have any confidence in this coaching staff.

Snyder did a great job of going out and getting the players and head coach that can get job done. I hope next year Blank wises up and does the same..

Congats again and good luck the rest of the season.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:24 am

You know - your trap block running attack off the tackles was real effective. I appreciated a lot of the calls Reeves made, but the on the field play of our defense made it difficult to connect the paper play with the real ones.

I think the league is about to be taught a bit of respect for our linebacking corps - even if we go down to 7-9 or 8-8 due to the scheduling - they are maulers, and the secondary ain't a bunch of chumps either.

They held it together while your team beat the holy crap outta P Ram, and once he pulled his head out of his rectal orifice (where Kearny and E. Johnson shoved it a few times) he showed you what I meant when I posted on your board that P Ram played this kind of game at Tulane all the time - a sieve for an OL was something he was used to, and he picked himself up and kept going every Saturday when many would have said "oh....no thanks." What a mentality it must take to do what he did yesterday is hard to fathom sometimes.

Thanks for coming back and being a good fan and shaking hands (so to speak).
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:27 am

It was definitely a game of momentum swings. First you had it, then we had it, then you took it back, then we took it back.

The awesome thing was that both sets of fans were right in some shape or form. The Falcons fans predicted that we would not be able to handle their pass rush, and we couldn't for the first 20 minutes.

The Redskins fans said your CB's couldn't cover Coles and Gardner, and I think the 298 yards between them proves that. We also said that P-Ram would not be phased by the crowd or the pass rush and I think his gritty performance proved that to even falcons fans too.

Though ugly at times, it was a well-contested battle. The only thing we were all wrong about was the closeness of the game, and that can just be attributed to pure 'homerism'. :-)

But that's what being a fan is all about, and I thank you for dropping by this week both for banter and for some crow.

Good luck the rest of 2003!
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football