WHAT IS UP WITH JANSEN??

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

WHAT IS UP WITH JANSEN??

Postby REDSKINMARK » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:21 pm

Hey Boss et al, what the hell is up with JJ?

I just heard Joe Theisman on the "Jim Rome Show" say that he heard the post game confernece with Jansen; and Jansen stated that he committed three false starts because the coaches were taking too much time to get the plays in, and that P-Ram was audibling with not enough time on the play clock.

This is a load of crap!!...quite frankly. He should stick to blocking and have the coaches coach and let P-Ram take the heat for not going with the called play, etc.

It is this lack of committment to the team and selfishness that will doom our season if we don't get this behavior straightend out by JJ and the rest of the team for that matter...See: Trotter, McCants, Samules and Arringtion.

Just some thoughts.
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:01 pm

Well, first problem that I'd point out is that it came from Theismann. No one likes the sound of their own voice more than Joe does.

Secondly, I will say that the commentators couldn't stop talking about how long it was taking to get the plays into the huddle.

Thirdly, I'd also ask that you take into consideration that 2/3 of the crap you read in the media is false, made-up, or so vanilla that it couldn't matter one way or the other.

However, as the captain of the team, JJ should know better than to speak ill of any facet of the team. I'd like to hear the exact context of the conversation before I judge him too harshly myself. Jansen has always been a class act... but nobody's perfect.

Oh, one last thing... Chris Samuels is probably the least selfish person on earth let alone in the Redskins' organization. He gives SOOOOO much of his time to the community. Not every penalty is caused by selfishness or a 'lack of commitment', sometimes they're just mistakes.

And to err, is human.

Just my My 2 cents
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

Postby redskin mark » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:55 am

Thanks for the response Boss. I suppose I'm just frustrated because of the play on Sunday. After three weeks of watching the Skins play, I now beleive we can take this divsion (absent massive panalites of course). So I'll digress and see what happens with this week.
HAIL ARRINGTON...FROM SO CAL.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:08 am

... oh I totally agree with you there.

This team is definitwely showing itself worthy of winning the division if they can get their act together.

piglet

Postby Welby24 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:02 am

The next couple weeks will likely tell us where we stand in this league.....

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:57 pm

I can tell you two examples of where there are selfish players that will make JJ's comment seem really light - How about that little incident with Terrell Owens and throwing his helmet down and screaming something along the lines of "Why shouldn't I want the ball more". His tantrum actually extended to walking off the field.

Taylor of the Eagles - 4.1 mil contract for this year and he won't be back until he is 100% and his agent has confirmed that his contract extension or lack thereof is going to play a part in how well he feels. PSD posted the article link if you haven't seen it yet.

I am glad to have the team captain speak up and let the coaches know that the late calls coming in are causing problems. He needs to let them know there is an issue, which of course would continue if not brought up.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:27 am

He played a helluva game Sunday against the Pats after the initial penalty to start the game (who wasn't thinking, here we go again!)

Never heard his name again.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:56 am

I was thinking it...

But you are right - he played very well...
Rich in Roanoke

+++

Postby NikiH » Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:32 pm

I think a part of this that was left out was Joe Theisman's comment about Jansen not having a role as a team leader. I heard fragmented accounts of this but it all amounts to Theisman pretty much saying Jansen needed to shut up and block and let someone else worry about leading this team! I for one like Jansen as the leader of this team. He's reliable and a damned good player! As much as I like Theisman, I know not the popular opinion of fans of my generation, I really hated this comment or attitude he has shown towards Jon Jansen. Jansen has shown nothing but commitment to this team and I expect nothing but the same from him in the future. So if Joe Theisman has issues with this he should probably get a job in the Redskin's front office so he has any say what so ever in the matter!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:33 pm

Oh Lordie - please no :) He would go out and get Taylor and T.O.... Theismann was a good QB for us, but his ego tripped him up big time (not to mention LT). I guess he can say whatever he wants to, but I would love to be there if he ever meets up with Jansen and tells him that to his face.

I guess Joe forgot what TEAM CAPTAIN means.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:38 pm

As I have stated before... Joe just really likes the sound of his own voice. You have to wait about 7 1/2 minutes to catch him in a complete contradiction.

Jansen is a rock. He is a solid tackle and he's missed a grand total of one snap since he's been a Redskin. He never missed a game at Michigan either.

What a terible guy to look to for leadership. Personally. I think he's a great choice to lead this team and he is also the most senior member of the team.

Joe just can't get over the fact that it's not him leading the team any more.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football