Redskins Training Camp Built by The Home Depot

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
Hog

Redskins Training Camp Built by The Home Depot

Postby oafusp » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:14 pm

FanBall has been mocking this title for a week or two now. I thought they were joking, but this summer Redskins Training Camp really is sponsored by The Home Depot.

At first you'd think Danny was up to turning camp into a carnival again...but this has Joe Gibbs written all over it.
Many know, but those that don't...Joe Gibbs NASCAR Team sponser is The Home Depot, which made him become close friends with The Home Depot founder AND owner of the Atlanta Falcons ...Arthur Blank.

So, because it is Gibbs I will overlook the tacky orange Home Depot logos when I visit camp. Gibbs even mentioned in his comeback speech that taking the jog was a good thing for his sponsers and that they were exicted. Afterall, America supports marketing right?

My question is, does Arthur Blank even make his own team (Falcons) call their training camp "Falcons Training Camp Built by The Home Depot"?????????????

Site Admin

Re: Redskins Training Camp Built by The Home Depot

Postby BossHog » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:17 pm

oafusp wrote:My question is, does Arthur Blank even make his own team (Falcons) call their training camp "Falcons Training Camp Built by The Home Depot"?????????????

My question is, is Arthur blank paying Daniel Snyder to advertise HD at Redskins Park when he could undoubtedly have done it for nothing with the Falcons?

Snyder may have his faults... but marketing definitely isn't one of them.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:20 pm

You nailed that one on the head BH. He could talk you into giving him your dinner when you haven't eaten in a week and he has a full plate in front of him.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

------------

Postby Redskins1974 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:26 pm

The other part of the equation probably lies with Snyder joining Gibbs' racing team in an ownership capacity. I bet it's all tied in somehow.

BH - you're right as usual... Snyder's marketing skills are top notch!
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.

~Marcus Aurelius

Hog

Postby oafusp » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:48 pm

I think it was in Gibbs contract to allow his sponsors get free pub. Nah, nothing these days is free.

I just strikes me cause I totally remember Gibbs mentioning that his "coming back" is "good for his NASCAR sponsors".
Last edited by oafusp on Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:49 pm

The true litmus test of Snyder's skilz will be his putting the bright orange Home Depot patches on the jerseys this year. Move over Steinbrenner!!!! Snyder coming through!!!!!

Hey, it could happen.
Back and better than ever!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:05 pm

Wasn't it called that last year? :hmm:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:06 pm

The true litmus test of Snyder's skilz will be his putting the bright orange Home Depot patches on the jerseys this year. Move over Steinbrenner!!!! Snyder coming through!!!!!

Hey, it could happen.

Please dont let his dog die, sooner or later we won't be able to see the #'s on the uniforms. LMAO
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby oafusp » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:09 pm

Practice Jersey???:

-------

Re: Redskins Training Camp Built by The Home Depot

Postby RedskinsFreak » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:09 pm

oafusp wrote:FanBall has been mocking this title for a week or two now. I thought they were joking, but this summer Redskins Training Camp really is sponsored by The Home Depot.

At first you'd think Danny was up to turning camp into a carnival again...but this has Joe Gibbs written all over it.
And, there's another connection. Gibbs got Snyder to go in as a minority owner of Gibbs Racing's third Nextel Cup car for the 2005 season -- the FedEx Chevrolet.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:13 pm

oafusp wrote:Practice Jersey???:

More like, the "hands off the QB" practice Jersey. Everyone else will wear plaid and look like "Al Borland" from "Home Improvement".

Maybe I can bring in a saw to get it signed by Joe and the gang! :lol:
Back and better than ever!

Hog

Postby DieselFan » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:38 am

This is cross promotion at it's finest. Home Depot capitalizing on it's association with Gibbs association with the Redskins. Likewise, Synder going in with FedEx and Gibbs on a Nascar team. As a Marketing guy myself...it's just music to my ears.

One thing I've admired from Day One about Snyder (as Boss pointed out) is his marketing saavy. He's brilliant. Though others might mock him, they are really wishing they had thought of it first.

Redskins Training Camp Built by Home Depot. That's freakin' brilliant. I love capitalism!
"I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell."

Hog

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:54 am

I really think this is just the beginning, next we may have our players being involved in "Habitat for Humanity" which is sponsered by the Home Depot as well. Or we will promoting Interstate Batteries next. Hell who knows, but I think its great for all parties involved, especially if we get into a "Pro Stewart / Anti- Gordon" promotion. I'll drink to that! -drinking
I have travelled the net and found the Redskins promise land. This is, by far, the best site out there for Redskins/NFL News, Notes, Opinions, and so much more.

----Steve

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007