A Pivotal Game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

A Pivotal Game

Postby The Skins Fan » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:49 pm

Well, here we are now at Week 7 of the 2003 season and obviously we are not where we'd like to be. Of course, many thought we wouldn't be sitting where we are at 3-3 after such an early gruesome schedule. Every game is pivotal in this league, but these next few weeks are going to determine whether the Redskins are going to be a contender for a playoff birth. Tomorrow, we face the Bills in Buffalo one week before the bye week. We absolutely must win this game to get us to 4-3 heading into the bye week. We have such a tough schedule all year round but we couldn't ask to have the bye week at a better time. If we are able to get to the bye week at 4-3, then the Redskins will be able to use the off week to get healthy and then go into Dallas and pound them into the ground and come out at 5-3 heading into a very tough game against Seattle which this year is played at FedEx Field. The second half of the schedule isn't going to be nearly as difficult as the first which, hopefully, will benefit us even more than we all think. The way I see it, if we go 4-3 after tomorrow, get a much needed bye week to get healthy, go into Dallas and embarres them and go 5-3, then we'll have alot of momentum heading down the stretch which we are going to need when we play the division foes once more which will determine if we are playoff bound.
Hail to the Redskins...Hail Victory!!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:11 am

and obviously we are not where we'd like to be.

I think that while we may not like HOW we got to 3-3, we should be real happy to be 3-3 at this point and we have a good shot at the playoffs if we can get back in the 'W' column today.

The second half of the schedule isn't going to be nearly as difficult as the first which

Actually... though it seemed that way when the schedule was launched, considering the play of Seattle, Dallas and Carolina... the last half of our schedule is getting harder all the time.

You're right... we need the break to get healthy and we need the win to get back on track. But i still think that all things considered, we're in relatively good shape at this point to make a run at postseason play.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piggie

Postby The Skins Fan » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:25 am

Oh, no Boss do not get me wrong...We are in very good shape sitting at 3-3 and in position to make a very solid run at the playoffs...but with teams such as New Orleans and Chicago, they obviously aren't the caliber of teams we've played like New England and New York Jets...Plus, the Giants aren't cracked up to the preseason hipe--that game was a woulda, coulda, shoulda like Philly in which we can beat both teams and they aren't the caliber the hipe created for them...Granted the Giants and Philly will be tough coming down the stretch to the playoffs...Plus we have Dallas, Philly and Seattle at FedEx which gives us the 12th man advantage...Bottom line is if you compare the last 8 weeks to the first 8 weeks, the number of caliber of teams we play are easier which in turn makes me think we're sitting pretty good right now...thats what makes this game so pivatol...we take out Buffalo and then come off the bye week a bit healthier and smash the Cowgirls to go 5-3 down the home stretch, I don't see us just making a push for a wild card but making a serious push for the division
Hail to the Redskins...Hail Victory!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football