Adding a pic to your post.......

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Adding a pic to your post.......

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:58 pm

I've been experimenting with my posts off and on trying different things and I can't seem to figure out something that all of you do so well.

I've been trying to figure out how to add a picture to my posts. I've even tried the cut and paste technique I usually do, and I'm stumped. Can someone please give me a heads up here.

Thanks
Steve

---STTB---
I have travelled the net and found the Redskins promise land. This is, by far, the best site out there for Redskins/NFL News, Notes, Opinions, and so much more.

----Steve

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:22 am

Clueless in Edgewater...sorry Skin
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

~~~~

Postby ANT7088 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:13 am

Ok Ready????? 1st get the picture, 2nd "right click" on it, 3rd click properties, 4th you'll see the address (URL), hightlight it and click "copy", 5th go to your post "right click" then hit "paste" (you'll see the address), 6th hightlight the address (you just "pasted"), 7th go to the little tool bar up top and "click" IMG". You will not see the picture then, (you'll see the address with "IMG" on both sides) you'll see it when you "submit" or if you "preview" the post!

Got that???? If your still confused let me know!
AnTsSkInZ

Hog

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:43 am

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Owner.YOUR-KYBTG6[/img]

here it goes
Last edited by skin_to_the_bone on Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have travelled the net and found the Redskins promise land. This is, by far, the best site out there for Redskins/NFL News, Notes, Opinions, and so much more.

----Steve

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:46 am

You can't add from your personal computer... The image has gotta be on a server on the web....
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

Hog

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:47 am

BringThePain! wrote:You can't add from your personal computer... The image has gotta be on a server on the web....

Okey dokey thanks guys

----Steve

Hog

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:52 am

lol, it was there with the preview and then went off....I'll figure it out. THanks guys. I appreciate it very much

Steve

----Steve

Hog

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:57 am

----Steve

Hog

Postby skin_to_the_bone » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:59 am

:rock: :up: :D

----Steve

Postby JPFair » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:14 am

Is there a way to copy a picture from one of the photo galleries in the post? I clicked on the gallery, and it brings up the picture I wanna post. But, when I right click on the picture, there's no "properties" option. It's a macromedia flash gallery, and I need to copy one picture from the gallery? Any help?
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:39 pm

JPFair, it worked for me. Check this out.

I just clicked on the picture in the gallery (to enlarge it) and then I checked "properties" to get the address.

Left to right (tailgating) is Wingman, me, Hailskins666 and Amy.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Postby JPFair » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:42 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm!! I went to the photo gallery section of the Washington Posts Redskins section and brought up the pic I wanted to copy. I clicked on "gallery" and it brought up the macromedia flash gallery. But, each picture doesn't have a "properties" option when I right click on it.
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:26 pm

Well... if you want to copy it for yourself, you can press Shift+PrtScrn and you will have a copy of the entire Screen in your clipboard... then you can use some type of graphic program (Photoshop, Illustrator, PaintBrush, blah, blah, etc. etc.) and paste it in there.... crop etc. etc.....

If you want to show it on here though, you'll need access to a server.....

hope that helps....
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

Return to The Lounge