bad craw in my stomach-the cure a W against the ho's(dallas)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:42 pm

LOL - I still say - the starters aren't that bad - the scheme is way flawed. When the safeties are depended upon for BOTH run and pass support, and the linebackers are playing read and friggin react, there is a major problem in the defense.

What has been the key to most teams that have beaten us? Aggressive coordinators who attack the QB and the line of scrimmage. I agree we need D Line help - mostly in the form of a 350 pound tank that can demand double teams. Armstead isn't spent - he has 2.5 sacks and is third on the team with tackles.

Here is a telling stat - with the LB talent we have and there have only been 5 tackles for loss in six games between the three linebackers. I am telling ya Boss - it is more the scheme than anything....
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:06 pm

Casserly/Beathard are sorely missed for sure. I'm not crying though....I think Snyder will kill himself with a brain aneurism if he doesn't take us to the promised land.

GM is needed I admit, however I'd rather have Snyder than the Glazers (Tampa). Even though they won they are gonna take the first train of profit out of town. That = gay.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:00 pm

BossHog wrote:Well where is a GM in all of this? ... you know, the guy responsible for building the team... the guy who makes sure that the coach doesn't do anything stupid like get players for an offense and ignore the defense, the same guy who makes sure that you never go into 3 DRAFTS IN A ROW with the exact same needs.

We don't have one.

Snyder admittedly fired the wrong guy when he took over the team. Charlie Casserly should have stayed and Norv should have been booted. Charlie paid his dues - ate slept and dreamt Redskins - even slept at the local YMCA early when he couldn't afford a place of his own. He was taught by some of the best, ie Bobby Beathard and I wish we still had him.

Can we get Ritchie Pettibone back too.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football