CHAMP TO A FLORIDA TEAM IN FREE AGENCY.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

CHAMP TO A FLORIDA TEAM IN FREE AGENCY.

Postby gambit187 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:37 pm

Newbie here, all though i am a cowboy fan , i live in Dc so i am very close to the skins. Also i run in alot of nfl circles.

I have some inside info on champ. Now this is just rumors from certain family members that are friends of mines so i dont know how true it is, but i did here it from there mouth.

An old army buddy of mine who is a cousin of Derrick Brooks (tampa bay), is now station in fort stewart. Well he is engaged to Champs aunt. Well a couple of times that i have been down to the ATL to hang with him, it was mentioned that Champ wants to get closer to home. Now home is ATL, but florida was mentioned. So just my opinion is that Tampa is where he may end up.

Just a football fan and friendly rival passing along rumors.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:19 pm

Considering what I've seen (in his play) and heard (from his mouth) lately, I wouldn't doubt this one bit.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:39 pm

Rumor or not... thanks for passing that along to us.

redskinsmiley
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:03 pm

I heard a similar rumor on sports radio or on television about how he wanted to be back down Atlanta way and might be eyeing the Falcons....but FL would be close enough.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:05 pm

Shoot - Florida where - Miami is a long drive from Atlanta - almost the same from Washington. ::grin::

If he is so set on doing that - fine - I don't want him to play with anything less than his whole heart - a DB with no purpose or no fire is most likely going to get burnt out there on that island - it isn't like they have 3-4 guys backing them up.
Rich in Roanoke

yeah

Postby ryan56 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:07 pm

I don't want him to play with anything less than his whole heart
exactly... in football you cant just go out there like its a job.. now the nfl is no highschool ball but out on the field it doesnt matter how athletic or big strong and fast or talented, go out there with a fire inside just waiting to explode and youll do just fine, im sure theres lots of FAs out there who could come here and do that, and theres lots of other fields champ can go and "do his job" at, i want some heart... (intensity is what leads to big plays alot too, now dont get me wrong it also can result in penalties..)

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:12 pm

Doesn't Atlanta still have to give another first round pick to Buffalo this year? If so, you can rule them out. Champa in Tampa. It has a nice ring to it. We won't get a very good pick from them though. We need him to go to Detroit or Arizona so we can get an early 1st rounder for him.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:02 pm

So, GM's (I can call all of us this because we don't have one), do you put the franchise label on him in the offseason or not. I say yes, because you CAN'T let him go for nothing (see S. Davis #48).
it is what it is

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:10 pm

yes...franchise him
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football