Again someone that doesn't know the system!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~

Again someone that doesn't know the system!

Postby ANT7088 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:54 am

One thing I don't understand is, why choose Hasselbeck over Hamdan? Hasn't Hamdan been with the teams practice squad? which means he should know the system better. They should of took Dorsey in the draft instead of Hamdan and kept Brad Banks. Someone threw all those passes to Andre Johnson, and the Heismen runner up? Istead we have a guy that for some reason they wont play (Hamdan) and he's been here longer, and another guy (Hasselbeck) who has only been here about 2 weeks. I just don't get it, I would feel better with one of the other three who have (and could have) been here all along, than a 2 week old Hasselbeck. I don't know, am I the idiot?

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:31 pm

I totally agree. Hamdan should be #2 right now. If Ramsey gets hurt this week (keeping my fingers crossed), look for Hasselbeck to come in and hand the ball off almost every play.

Don't look now...but this could get real ugly, real fast.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

+++

Postby NikiH » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:47 am

I agree on Hamdan. And I watched him in training camp. He has a decent arm. Spurier said he had to go with the vetern of the two players. Which I do not get. No NFL experience versus loads of sitting sidelines. Doesn't add up to me.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:03 am

Brad Banks sucked in training camp... no one picked him up... he's about 5'8" for chrissake, I think that had a lot to do with it.

When he got to the combine and they actually measured his height and he wasn't the 6'1" he was inflated to... scouts and teams realized that he would have a really hard time even throwing over NFL lines.

Hamdan would have been a smarter choice than Hasselbeck maybe, but that's a bit like saying I want to go stand in that pile of crap instead of that one.

I'm not slagging either of them, but neither of them are close to ready. Cutting a QB like RJ, without a plan in place, is just further proof of the disastrous effects of not having a real GM.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:42 pm

Why in the heck they aren't pulling in a sturdy vet like Neil o'donnell is beyond me
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football