JUST BACK FROM THE GAME

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

JUST BACK FROM THE GAME

Postby redskin mark » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:33 pm

Just got in from Dallas, tired, embarassed and frustrated.

Definately a different perspective from seeing it on the tele. By this I mean that you can really see who is giving it their all to win and who really needs to look at themselves in the mirror and ask why they really play this game. Is it just for the money, cause it appeared that many players don't do it for the love of competing and winning at all costs. Because the so called "players" who fall into the above noted statement, which are too numerous to note here, what I'll do is tell all Skin fans the players I thought fall into the other camp.

FRIST: I know David Terrell has been placed of the Safties second team. But this dude is the Ultimate Competitor. If we had a team full of DTs we would not loose a game!

... not only in his enthusiasm for playing the game as hard and tough as he does, but he really attempts to inspire the Skin fan to get into the game. I love this guy, and he's one hell of a tackler, which is clearly very lacking in Bowen.

SECOND: Antonio Pierce. On sepcial teams, this guy is "hell on wheels." He just throws his body around with reckless abandon to make awsome tackles. Also, he's in and out of the game backing up the other LBs... with no complaint when he's taken out. Just a stud doing what is needed for the team.

THIRD: L. Coles and Rookie P. Johnson. One is a veteran and plays every down like a Pro. The oether a Rookie and plays like vet (hopefully the others won't rub off on him for a long time to come).

Don't get me wrong our other key players did have some solid play. But I played FB in college and always admired guys who did not take a down off.

A bitterly frustrating thing to see was when Ramsey, after another 3 and out, would walk over to the sideline only to see him and SS argue why P-Ram and the targeted receiver were not on the same page. Either Ramsey threw over the wrong shoulder or the WR ran the wrong route, etc, etc, etc....

And finally, all this audibling?? On too nemerous times to count, P-Ram with only 5 to 8 seconds left on the clock would enter into these lengty audibles, which left the line checking off on how they were going to re-block. And if they managed to get the play off on time, it again appeared to ba a constant "jail break" at the line with a bunch of Pukes just bumrushing Ramsey for a nasty sack.

Short of this, I guess all is well with the team. ;furious;
HAIL ARRINGTON...FROM SO CAL.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:01 am

Thanks for the great observations!!!!

IMO though, Pierce didn't look too 'studly' drawing a penalty that took a FG off the board for the Cowpukes and put a TD up instead.

Dumb.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:17 am

thanks for the observations....coming from someone whose only been able to attend one game in his lifetime

I agree with your observations on DT....he's a player....and Pierce is also a competitor, but did make a boneheaded mistake that cost us dearly!

I agree as well that the audibling has got to stop!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football